which brake upgrades?

maz

i tried contacting all of the above, and i was genuinly going to pay the extra for the best of them, but in the end i went with the best customer support and opinions of people on the forum, and got the wilwoods from rally design. still too fit them tho

tomble

I'm buying wilwoods from rallydesign next week.

Anyone interested in pairing up, as you get 20% off the brakekits themselves (not the pads and lines)

JIMMYBACK

i have will woods the look anf feel like brakes should they have been on the car for four months and i havent benn able to test them yet:doh: :shock: :oops:

JIMMYBACK

also while i think about it get yourself a master cylinder stopper- this item stops most of the flex when you use the brakes to stop you quickly and thus helps braking:thumbsup:

D

danmo

I'm goona go look at some aston martin v8 vantage calipers tomorrow then maybe get them and have some discs and brackets made up to fit them on, if it works out to be cheaper or of equal cost to the other upgrabes otherwise i'll go for the godspeed 308mm kit.

MORF114

i just changed the pads on mine and they seem to stop pretty well would be shite for track days but on the road they are good enough.
would like at set of willwoods though8)

bracpan

I have had Willwoods on for 3 years no problem and on my second year of competing with them, very good value and Rally Design a great to deal with.
Cheers
Phil

CruiseGTi-R

Wilwood 280mm kit very good value, very good for road use with the right pads. Can struggle if you really kick the shit out of them on a track and braking from high speeds they're not so confident. Very grumbly when hot (when grooved and drilled).

Godspeed - great custom brakes but very poor customer service (not fun when you want replacement discs which only he makes).

HiSpec - No idea about (look nice, but also pricey?).

Bottom line, if you track, consistently brake from silly speeds I'd save and save and buy Brembo or AP. If only fast road get Wilwoods but with 300/320mm discs if you can fit em in.

(also, Wilwood will soon have rear kit for GTIR....)