where is the delimeter/mph converter?

rossdj1983

this is killing me:evil: cant find the bloody thing anywhere- i asume all im looking for is a black box?

rossdj1983

been through some old threads and it seems they could be the likely cause, but i cant find the thing to disconect to see if thats the prob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My origional one was in the engine bay just infront of the drivers side fuse box, to the left of the engine mount. It was a square 1" black box.
I put the replacement on the back of the instrument pack. The little black box that's already there is a buzzer I think.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yes
I assume you were delimited before?

Check for any reconnected wires wher I said, maybe you have a bad connection somewhere.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
A thing that buzzes.

I assume it supplys the noise when you open the drivers door with the lights on.

rossdj1983

yeah it does, to be honest i havent got up to th112mph mark yet, only just got it on the road mate, but it does read mph, so there must be a converter of some sort?

stugtir300

am as clueless as u ross.my speedo is converted to mph with paperwork to prove,i cant find the bloody thing can anyone help without being sarcastic(fastguy).

rossdj1983

found the little bugger, i disconected it, hoever it had no effect on the speedo, still doing nothing-- ideas anyone?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
when you disconnected it, did you reconnect the factoory wires together?

Is that under the fuse box?

Braveheart

That's not the usual place to wire in a delimiter.
I'd check to make sure the original wiring is all back in it's correct place as that delimitter may have been spliced in-line to wires into the ECU.
Most are fitted behind the speedo as it's easier to break into the signal wires and frees up clutter at the ECU.