Wheel offset

Rich@Redline

Morning all,

The postman just delivered my new 16" Buddyclub P1 SFs, but to my dismay they dont fit over my 300mm Hi-Spec Billet 4s. They are fine diameter-wise, but the offset is no-where near! :cry:

the wheels are a 42mm offset, which sounded large to me on the phone.....but that was what he recommended for the R.

Im going to be using 225/45 tyres :shock: any recommendations as to the correct, or more appropriate offset?

Cheers

Rich

Mr GTiR

Where's these part of the OC group buy?

I'm surprised that they don't fit as mine are 7"x17" (100x4 pcd) with 42mm offset and they fit over my 315mm Willwoods with loads of room.

There should be no reason they should not fit :?

Rich@Redline

Hi mate, not directly part of the group buy, but bought through your contact! (I got the number from your pm)

Its a shame, I could space the wheels, but the spacers need to be about 8mm, so not really do-able??! The damn Hi-Specs are renowned as being bulky calipers!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
42 might be a big offset, but the bigger the number the further the wheel moves into the are, so you want to go lower into the 30s maybe.

You may struggle to get the 225/45/16s on if your car is too low. Lou Rob changed his as they were rubbing on the wheel arch.

I ran 225/40/16s with no problems, and now I'm on 215/35/16s and have loads of clearance on my 7x16s et 32.

Rich@Redline

I think I have two options: ditch the Hi-Specs in favour of something of a more slender nature, or space the wheels carefully, this may require longer studs though :cry:

Unfortunately the P1 SF is only available in 42mm offset in 100mm pcd, and I've wanted these wheels for so long, so I'm determined to make them fit!

If I stepped down to a wheel with a lower offset, they would prob create packaging implications with the arches, as they would move in a larger arc. Might just be a jack-up spec, crank the coilovers up...nice!

I appreciate your advice mate 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sunny Jim said:
If I stepped down to a wheel with a lower offset, they would prob create packaging implications with the arches, as they would move in a larger arc. Might just be a jack-up spec, crank the coilovers up...nice!
I don't have any problems with a 32mm offset:?
This was the 225/40s