Whats you're normal oil pressure.......

paz

The oil pressure in my car has been around the ''2'' mark for a while now, and raises to around ''3'' when I'm driving normally.

I've checked the oil, and it looks ok, just wanted to check what everyone elses readings were like.....

if you could post idle, normal driving and hard driving pressures it would be extremely useful - I think my pressure's a bit low, but we'll se with your results ;)

cheers

paz

R

r5ben

think mines up round the 4 mark most of the time and higher at hard drivin :? dont think it goes down to 2 even on idel maybe 3 ish at the lowest :roll:

mattygti-r

6 on start up (cold) drops to 4 and stays at 4 driving hard it may go a slight very slight fraction above 4, (or when its due a change) idle it sits at 2

:oops:

paz

So do you think mine sounds about normal, too low, is it another one of these R things where it varies from car to car?

I always figured it should be around 2 on idle, 4 when driving and 6 when being tonked?

If I top up the oil in the car will it affect the pressure or would the difference be negligable?

paz

mattygti-r

i think it does vary from car to car (its an R thing) but 3 does seem low,....i always thougth "4" was a good indication of an healthy engine?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Oil pressure should be more than 0.98bar (14psi) at idle
and 3.43-4.41bar(50-64psi) at 3200rpm On a warm engine.

A

antilag

so is mine kool?

bout 2 bar at idle and 3200 4 bar+ then 6 bar at about 5000rpm

Shaun

:wink: The standard gauges are crap :wink: So i wouldnt rely on them too much :!: I've got SPA Digitals now,and the oil pressure on startup from cold is 90psi,31psi on tickover no matter how hot it gets :D And around 65/75psi when driving normal.If i drive it hard the peak hold has been as much as 122.4psi :shock: