Whats it worth?

A

andyz

White l reg pulsar. only had it 3 months but cause i need to sort my finances out im letting it go. It was standard with 52k on the clock when i got it. im the first uk owner and since getting it its had (in 3 months!!)...

Apexi SAFC
Apexi AVCR all setup properly
Walbro fuel pump
HKS iridium plugs
KAKimoto full zorst with decat
Blitz sus air filter
forge D/v
17" oz superleggeras with toyo proxy tyres
new knock sensor
cobra cat1 alarm

its been run on silkolene 10w/50 fully synthetic and optimax for as long as ive had it. the body works in mint condition and im throwing in a blitz turbtimer and Greddy/trust boost gauge as well.ive put about 4kmiles on it so the clock now reads 89K (most in km).Got to be worth 5.5k do you think?? any ideas cause i cant find anything similar to it on autotrader...cheers! :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's unlikely you'll get £5.5K for it as prices are abit on the low side still. I'd probably expect nearer £4.5-5K

You could always put it up for £5.5K and wait a while to see if it goes. :wink:

A

andyz

thats not what i wanted to hear! :( ill have to wack it in autotrader in a couple of weeks and see if i get any joy. cheers for your hlp anyway guys!

mattygti-r

andyz said:
thats not what i wanted to hear! :( ill have to wack it in autotrader in a couple of weeks and see if i get any joy. cheers for your hlp anyway guys!
just hold out for the right buyer , but realistically think yourd get £4.5k

this is the spec of mine and im looking for £5k for it

1991 GTI-R import (CAT 1 Alarm / immobiliser)
HPI Clear (report to prove)
japanese owners manual
japanese dealership brouchure
Factory GTI-R wheel
Factory GTI-R tool kit (complete)
Factory Umbrella
Original Pulsar Mats
£'''s of receipts
HKS EVC boost controller
Defi bf link control unit
Defi bf link boost guage (With peak hold etc)
Defi bf link fuel pressure guage (with peak hold)
samco coolant hoses
uprated oil filter
Clear side repeaters
K+N Gearbox breather
Uprated NGK plugs for 1bar
Project MU brakes
Braided brake lines all round
Apexi RSM (ltd edition)
Apexi Multichecker
Apexi Powerflow intake
Sard Rad cap
HKS SSQ Bov
Field reprogramable ECU
Blitz turbo timer
AP Paddle clutch (reciept to prove from RC Dev)
BRIDE Brix bucket seat
BRIDE pulsar seat rail
15" light wheight magnesium wheels
Silkolene oil pro S
Nismo gearknob
Nismo ball joints all round
Uprated Track rods
RSR springs
Mongoose exhuast 3" exit
HKS Front pipe
Bumpsteer kit
HKS Guage Pod
TRUST A Pillar Pod.
Clutch Support Bracket

Dooie Pop Pop

let me look over your motor Andyz im sure i could make that list a lot longer :roll:
if all it took to make a high price sale is a long shopping list my R would go up for at least £10,000 :lol:
matties list contains a lot of stuff most people wouldn' t bother adding let alone use the word uprated with them. and when you break it down it dont add up to much really
fact is his car has a standard engine, gearbox, tmic and turbo. its not what you' ve got its how you sell it :wink:

hope that helps, Stu

A

andyz

I think I can see the error of my ways now :D . Please have a look at my revised spec list written in the way endorsed by Dooie.

Apexi SAFC
Apexi AVCR all setup properly
Walbro fuel pump
HKS iridium plugs
KAKimoto full zorst with decat
Blitz sus air filter
forge D/v
17" oz superleggeras with toyo proxy tyres
new knock sensor
cobra cat1 alarm

and

original japanese brochures
original japanese receipts
vanilla magic tree
spac radiator cap
original mats with trendy pulsar logo in tanned leather
original complete toolkit, includes light weight rag with loads of jap writing on it left in car by previous jap owner (100% polyester)
plastic tax disc holder complete with tax disc (comes with hologram and car reg embossed on front of it)
JASMA card for exhaust
££££ of receipts
new lightened glove box (had contents professionally removed)
Bonnet vents (inc. winter blank panels)
Uprated halogen lights (xenon affect)
vanilla magic tree

That more like it Dooie? :D

Dooie Pop Pop

PMSL! :lol: thats the spirit! :wink:

id better add btw that im not trying to slag off Matties R. is a very nice car :roll: just better presented :wink:

P

Pulldog

original japanese brochures
original japanese receipts
vanilla magic tree
spac radiator cap
original mats with trendy pulsar logo in tanned leather
original complete toolkit, includes light weight rag with loads of jap writing on it left in car by previous jap owner (100% polyester)
plastic tax disc holder complete with tax disc (comes with hologram and car reg embossed on front of it)
JASMA card for exhaust
££££ of receipts
new lightened glove box (had contents professionally removed)
Bonnet vents (inc. winter blank panels)
Uprated halogen lights (xenon affect)
vanilla magic tree

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

i've picked some of the one off parts on my black car to give you some more ideas :wink:

engine failure warning system ( a very nasty rattle from cold ) :lol:

steering modified for oval track racing ( it pulls to the left ) :lol:

lightened (numerous nuts and bolts left out when putting it back together)

custom made catch tank ( coffee pot ) 8)

modified lightened front pipe restraining bracket (its wearing through due to speed humps) :lol:

worlds only stringtercooler :lol: ( my intercooler is held together with string ) :shock: :lol:

custom made water/methanol tank (washer bottle) :lol:

custom made oil cooler brackets from b&Q

lightweight radiator mount restrainers (cable ties)

lightened drivers mat ( i pulled the rubber bit off ) :lol:

motor sport inspired quick release front bumper (its held on with 2 screws)

semi slick tyres (they're on there way out)

uprated coolant system (halfords summer/winter special anti freeze/coolant mix)

and the finest part of its spec..

self replinishing underseal system (oil leaks) :lol:

got to be worth at least 15k with its go faster bits i reckon :roll: :wink: :lol:

A

andyz

id wait for the right buyer. With all those bespoke parts on there its only a matter of time before it gets bought! :lol:

A

andyz

just had some cheeky fecker offer me 3 grand as p/ex against a civic type R. gimp! :x

A

andyz

£7700 on top of my car :? :lol: no chance! This guys got 2 black type Rs in, and the first one was in a right mess. panel gaps all out :? , overspray allover the place :( , paint didnt match, fagburns in seats :cry: etc etc. Its really sad cause the car was only 2 years old and it had such a hard life. it annoys me when people spend 16500 on a new car and then cant even be bothered to make sure they get there fag out of the window when there smoking in it.
The second one was ok, but I think it may have had a knock at the back because there was some mytery substance in the sparewheel compartment in the boot. It may come like that from the factory, but id be suprised, so im going to have a look at my mates civic tonight and see if its the same... :wink:

A

andyz

Ill save just over a hundred quid a month on insurance :shock: , save £100-150 on petrol :shock: , save ??? on repairs and mods. Its about the only car that I would be happy to have and keep completely standard as well.that and I can start using it for work when I get sent away. At the moment we get the choice of using hire cars and making nothing on peccy money, or 40p a mile if you use your own car. Ive been using hire cars cause I dont think the GTIRs really cut out for long distance motorway stuff, plus with optimax costing 95.9p a litre at the mo, i figure I might as well not put the mileage on my car. thats why its only done about 3K miles since i got it!

does that still sound stupid? :?

A

andyz

one thing i did look at on autotrader the other day was an LPG coverted vectra gsi. That would have been spot on but its been sold. :( why you want me to get a diesel anyway? so i can be taunted by chavs in corsas as they fly past? you cruel individual. :wink: its going to be hard enuff getting rid of the R anyway, and then you get someone telling you to buy a diesel! :D thats the final straw mate!!!