what wideband

t16coupe

what wideband are people useing and is best Innovate or aem i had a Innovate before and it was ok but used to freeze now and then

Interesting as I'd been put off Innovate by the seeemingly countless tales across the internet of failing units and constant need for recalibration, whereas the AEM seems to be more fit and forget. Is the AEM slo enough to cause mapping issues or excessive danger to the engine? and how does the PLX compare?

warpspeed

I've used Innovate when i had my rolling road and it constantly needed recalibrating, i would reccomend Zeitronix, i also built 2 NAW units and found them to be really accurate, far better than the Innovate and didn't require calibrating that often.
I have heard that the lastest Innovate's are better but haven't used one to comment

warpspeed

Also i think PLX internals are made in Australia iirc and are fairly accurate, you can also daisy chain them with EGT, boost, airtemp etc can't remember exactly what but looked to be pretty good.
Some of the NAW unit are also capable of daisy chaining and you are also able to buy complete unit now, the only problem is Alan that owns the company can be slow at responding to emails sometimes

chrism

Im using a VEMS wideband. It reacts quickly. Has an EGT input if needed too. The sensor is a standard VW one.

shroom

I dont rate innovate at all fiddly and shit to install and the calibration rather than the fit and forget of the aem wish i had got one of them

geoff pine

Interesting as I'd been put off Innovate by the seeemingly countless tales across the internet of failing units and constant need for recalibration, whereas the AEM seems to be more fit and forget. Is the AEM slo enough to cause mapping issues or excessive danger to the engine? and how does the PLX compare?
Mine innovate failed after 3 months it just stopped working it would not re calibrate when it switched on done no more than 400miles before it went :doh:

Fusion Ed

Ive fitted tonnes of innovate/PLX/zetronics. Never had any issues with any of them. AEM however IMHO were slow when we were on the dyno. In fact for closed loop feedback for Syvecs ecus I had to slow down the interval time or the ecu ran around in circles.

Zetronics are ok actually, but had to do a few repairs to one of those recently. In my tuning box is PLX and Zetronics, if that helps anyone.

CruiseGTi-R

I've been using a Zeitronix ZT2 for a few months now on my other car, been 100% reliable, very simple and little unit, also got the optional boost sensor to log boost properly.

You don't need to have an AFR gauge permanently in the car, save yourself the cash and just get a unit you can log from.

I've also used a PLX R500 on the R for a few years and I find the ZT2 far is better.

Also think the ZT2 is better (and better value for money when you compare) than the equivalent choices from AEM and Innovate.

stumo

i have used a innovate and currently have a AEM, the innovate was a little fiddly but haven't used them side by side so can't say if either was quicker than the other

Fusion Ed

Danny, They are not such that I'd recommend they are changed. Just that they are not my first preference :) Bit like AEM ecus really.

ChrisS

Innovate had a reputation for suffering from electronic interference which fried the circuits. Mine met its death as soon as i turned it on due to been located too close to the dizzy. Got a replacement no problem, although had to return it to the factory in the states. Replacement mounted otherside of the engine bay worked fine.