What the hell, electric windows..

Sam_M

I put my drivers side window down earlier, a little while later went to do it up and no power. For some reason the passenger window doesnt work either, ive checked all fuses and they are fine, the locking switch works on the panel, ive read something that the main window panel can just pack up, is this what it sounds like to anyone else?? really odd problem.

Now my drivers side window is stuck down, aaahhh :cry:

Is there anything else I could check before I take the door card off??

thanks
Sam

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

get a multimeter and make sure you have 12v going to window switch, if you have power there, then it needs to be checked on the plug going into motor itself, dont forget both wires to motor should be live when switch is activated (one for up & one for down).

this is assuming fuses are all ok
also check in and out side of fuse, as there maybe another under bonnet which has blown first (if there is one, not sure) so you should have 12v at one side of fuse box with fuse removed.

Sam_M

I ended up having to take the door card off, think it must have been dodgy connector to the main panel, I took it off, gave it a clean, now working fine, phew.. i hate random problems, but at least its working again. :thumbsup: