what the best dump valve on the market?

G

GTiRich

Theres been a lot about this lately. Do a search. In my eyes the turbo XS-RFL is the best (loudest anyway) but i would say that as thats wat i have

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
A dump valve doesn't give you any extra performance as such. It's supposed to vent air when you close the throttle and keep the turbo spinning, so that when you get back on the gas the turbo is still boosting and you don't have the lag you had before, so although you may at that point accelerate faster, you don't have anymore power than before. If you follow me :?

O

Odin

WHO BL00DY WELL CARES :roll: :evil: .

HOW MANY MORE OF THESE STUPID POINTLESS DUMP VAVLE QUESTION'S DO WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH :evil: ....

Try opening your eyes and read the bl00dy forum before posting more of this 5hite :cry: .

rob

M

mozza

Pigme1000000 is actually a user on the rovertech.net site and wants to purchase a high powered Rover 600......guess what he nearly got banned on there 2 :lol:

so what is it mate, a pulsar or a rover or anything else you may have in mind :roll: lol.

A

Anonymous

dump valve

re circulating turbo smart coz atmospheric dumping of air is wasted energy that can be used to re spin stalled turbos :p

NISR227

What is it with Dump valve noises?...they dont' do it for me.
Whats the most efficient/reliable one then?....i.e. doesn't leak boost when running a bit higher?

LOU ROB

NISR227 said:
What is it with Dump valve noises?...they dont' do it for me.
Whats the most efficient/reliable one then?....i.e. doesn't leak boost when running a bit higher?
I've got the turbosmart re-circ valve and that doesn't creep open on 2 BAR :wink:

P

PaddyPower

I got the bailey one, but it seems rather quiet to me. Is theer any way of making it louder or is it best to get rid of it and sort myself out with a new one.

On standard boost at the moment, will it sound much sweeter on 1bar?

E

Edd

I had the bailey one and it was like a wet fart on std boost, but at 1 bar it was like a mini granny scarer :lol:

although i didn't really like the bailey one, the forge one is good value for money and is nice sound aswell as the HKS SSQV