what are these? and hot starting...

C

cybermorph

I'm sure plenty of guys will be able to help out here... at least i hope so.
I spun a big end on the R and it took out the crank journal aswell. For speed i managed to source another motor at a good price so i opted to go down that route. My problems with the car are these:

I have a connector that i cant find a home for? It has a Black/red wire, and a Blue/yellow wie to it.

And what is this?

Also the motor starts first time when cold. But when it is hot it wont start at all. i have fuel pressure and a spark but am fairly certain the the injectors are not firing. Although i can see a voltage pulse on them :-/

Your help will be greatly appreciated! I just wan my car back on the road!!!:cry:
Thanks
Tim

Shaun

The connector in the first pic is for the standard boost solenoid.Not sure what that is in the second pic,it looks like a dawes device/bleed valve or even some sort of 'T' piece,either way dont look too clever.

C

cybermorph

It came fitted to the new motor. Looks crap like you say. Anyone know?

O

Odin

Yes the top one looks like the standard boost solenoid plug, And the bottom one is some kind of bodged up bleed valve jobbie :doh: :roll: .

Rob

C

cybermorph

I should be able to just take it out and run the piping without it then? Why might the car not want to start when hot?

O

Odin

Try changing all the plugs/leads and dizzy cap/rota arm for new, If that doesn't work come back again, Could be something thats breaking down when the car is hot.

Rob

youngsyp

cybermorph said:
I should be able to just take it out and run the piping without it then?
If you trace that hose back, it should connect to the plenum, around the plenum intake area. I'd get some good hose to replace it with (probably around 3mm internal diameter) and run it back to the turbo, where it should connect to the actuator. This will give you a max boost level of around 0.6bar (if the actuator is standard!) which is stock boost.

As for the hot start side of things, I'd tend to agree with Rob to start with. The parts mentioned, could probably do with a change anyway, even if it doesn't turn out to be them !

It could be a dodgy coolant temperature sensor, telling the engine that it's cold, even when it's not ?!

C

cybermorph

i now have ordered new Magnecor leads and new spark plugs. Will i be able to source the distributor cap and rotor arm from a motor factors? Or is there a recommended manufacturer for these that i should get?
Cheers guys...

youngsyp

the chief

the bleed valve got a screw in the hole, so im guessing its running standard boost already
i think it will run less than standard as the boost soleniod controls boost

C

cybermorph

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do i run a fault code check? Does everyone agree i should be able to remove that "srp" thingymajiggy?
Cheers...

youngsyp

cybermorph said:
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do i run a fault code check? Does everyone agree i should be able to remove that "srp" thingymajiggy?
Cheers...
Check the FAQ's for the fault code check info.

And yes, remove that 'boost controller' and either run stock boost or get something you know that works to replace it. An electronic boost controller would be best.

If you want a cheap solution, PM me as I have a manual boost controller you could have cheap.

C

cybermorph

i have a "Greddy profec b spec 2" fitted anyway! :S so i obviously dont need that device.
I know it is off topic but i am in need of steering gators. Where is the best place to get them. they are £55 from Nissan and if i could source cheaper pattern items i would get them.

youngsyp

cybermorph said:
i have a "Greddy profec b spec 2" fitted anyway! :S so i obviously dont need that device.
I know it is off topic but i am in need of steering gators. Where is the best place to get them. they are £55 from Nissan and if i could source cheaper pattern items i would get them.
The Greddy is a very good unit so, get rid of that other piece of rubbish ASAP !

You could try www.japarts.co.uk but, Nissan might be your only option ?!