water temp sensor

M

Muppet

dose anyone know where the water temp sensor is located

cheers
muppet

GINGA

Its on the driverside rear of the engine just below the inlet manifold you can see if by looking from the drivers side wing down past the brakemaster cylinder :wink:
theres 2 btw the one with the large plug is for the ecu and the small one is for the temp gauge :wink:

MarkTurbo

And if you need to get to it (like i did when i left the wiring connector off when i put my engine back in :oops: ) You'll take all the skin off your knuckles :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anonymous

This is just an idea :idea: . My cars temperature gauge doesnt come off the cold mark unless you leave it idling for a while. I noticed ginga said that theres one for the ecu and one for the gauge. I'm wondering if i fix my temperature gauge problem, will it help cure my other limiting boost problem since its connected to the ecu? Just an idea.

Does anyone know where i can buy these new sensors/senders to try it and see if it'l work? Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
gidoink said:
This is just an idea :idea: . My cars temperature gauge doesnt come off the cold mark unless you leave it idling for a while. I noticed ginga said that theres one for the ecu and one for the gauge. I'm wondering if i fix my temperature gauge problem, will it help cure my other limiting boost problem since its connected to the ecu? Just an idea.

Does anyone know where i can buy these new sensors/senders to try it and see if it'l work? Thanks
The car is supposed to go into safe mode if your temp sensor isn't working, so change it as soon as you can. Chances are it's a Nissan only part.
My temp guage sometimes sticks at the bottom, a quick lightish tap on the dashboard frees it, alternately your engine is just taking it's time to warm up. (pretty normal)

A

Anonymous

i will try a persuasive tap but am sure it aint working properly. When driving it normally it doesny come off the cold. I havent looked yet but is there 2 sensors under the inlet manifold? If so will i change the 2 of them? Thanks

T

tombola

coolin fans

my coolin fans arent workin would it be the
temp sender to ecu thats at fault
or is there any thing else that could
affect this ?
also only boosts 8 psi instead of 10 sometimes?

J

jasegould

When driving it normally it doesny come off the cold
Have you tried a new thermostat?? I had a Cav GSi that never moved off the cold unless it was left at idle, turned out the thermostat was stuck open :roll:

For what it costs its worth doing as they dont last forever and are an important part of the cooling system :?:

sypher

agree with top two replys, quick checks to see. with the car stationary run the engine untill the cooling fan cuts in a couple of times (keep checking the pemp gauge encase you have an un noticed over heating prob). once the car is hot take it for a guick blast in the nice n cold uk weather and if it's the stat the temp gauge should drastically fall. Another test is to remove the single spade terminal from the temp gauge sender and earth it as this is just an NTC type sensor/sender, the gauge should read !!! HIGH !!! this checks gauge and associated wiring..