water / methanol injection

rossdj1983

i havent a clue what it actually does, is it a good thing? anyone mind explaining the pro's and con's of it?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
rossdj1983 said:
i havent a clue what it actually does, is it a good thing? anyone mind explaining the pro's and con's of it?
It basically cools down the inlet charge to allow you to generate power with a reduced risk of detonation.

I prefer not to rely on these types of things because you have to remember to keep the systems topped up or you don't get full performance.

MarkTurbo

Theres a pressure switch which you screw into the inlet manifold and you can set it so the water injection only works at a set amount of boost ;-)

And yeah, if your car is set up to run with the water injection if you floor it and the bottle is empty you could end up with a nice melted engine!

T

treemonkey

Aquamist 2d water injection

Hi All,

Got a bit wasted and excited the other night and acidentally bought an Aquamist 2d on the bay:doh: . I was chatting to a mate who knows a little of these things and suggested that it's not compatable with my R:shock: :oops: . Anyone got experience of these things who can give some useful advice?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
treemonkey said:
Hi All,

Got a bit wasted and excited the other night and acidentally bought an Aquamist 2d on the bay:doh: . I was chatting to a mate who knows a little of these things and suggested that it's not compatable with my R:shock: :oops: . Anyone got experience of these things who can give some useful advice?
Stay away from flea bay and don't buy anything until you know it's compatable :thumbsup:

T

treemonkey

Kind of decided that one already, wondered if anyone knew if I could shoe horn it in soehow

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
treemonkey said:
Kind of decided that one already, wondered if anyone knew if I could shoe horn it in soehow
That's when it goes from a bad buy to fubar.

Just take the abuse,learn from it and sell it on ;-)