Water Leaking from Air Con rad

geetee

At least I think that's what it is :?

Noticed today whilst fiddling about with other stuff, the front rad (I think this is the air con one!) appears to be leaking water.

It has crusty white deposits on it and at the bottom left it is wet - a clear liquid that tastes like water... i.e. of not much.

There's some damage to the rad - looks like a stone hit or something about halfway up, the leak seems to be there and it is tracking down.

What I don't understand is I thought if the AC was ruptured it would just escape as a gas.

And no, it's not just condensation from running the AC - hasn't been run for a couple of weeks.

The AC works fine - good and cold.

Dunno if I'm going to worry about it or just wait and see if the AC packs up, giving me a reason to rip it out :lol:

Any ideas?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
geetee said:
It has crusty white deposits on it and at the bottom left it is wet - a clear liquid that tastes like water... i.e. of not much.

So you're confident it doesn't taste like a highly toxic air con fluid then? :wink:

Could it be condenasation at all? :? Although if it's leaking from the rad i'd guess it'd be aircon fluid :?

geetee

It's fluid in the A/C system is it? I was always under the impression it was compressed gas of some kind......

Teach me to use the taste test in future. :shock:

I'm sure a few people have spare A/C rads lying about - so I'll replace it if / when it packs up.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)