Water Injection

A

Anders

Hi,

Does anyone have any pics of a WI setup on their R, preferably ERL. I need some inspiration on where to mount the pump etc. Also, did you use a separate tank or the washer bottle tank? If so, what type of fitting did you use to tap into the washer bottle tank?

Many thanks,

Andy

Keira

The pump on mine is fitted just down by the battery, on the flat bit at the back of the wheel well, mike (ex-gtir) took the rad fans out so that he could drill and screw the pump into place.

Mine comes off of the washer bottle, the kit came with a self threading attatchment, just drill a 9mm hole into the bottom of the tank and in it goes, he added abit of silicon to make sure there'd be no leaks.

We've put a float switch (maplins) into the tank aswell, it triggers a little light in the centre consul when the tank is 2 thirds empty so i should never run out of water

A

Anders

Kieron, thanks for the info and pic.

Thats a tight sqeeze!

I didn't get any self threading attachment with the kit - Are you sure it came with it? Also, such a part isn't available for sale as an individual part like all the other ERL components on the main ERL website.

Out of interest, did you retain the washer bottle pump and do you still use the windscreen washer jets?

Cheers,

Andy

A

Anders

£300 bud, but I bought it a year ago - I had it on my MR2 tubby but removed it before selling. Its the basic 1S system.

Keira

To fit it there was a case of removing intercooler pipe and fans.

Just found my old installation instructions.

The part number for the fitting that connects the hose into a plastic washer bottle is 806-365, the o-ring will seal...allegedly...I'd still add abit of silicon.

Washer pumps are still connected, its a big old bottle :)

Mines 50% mix of water and methanol based screen wash.

The whole kit cost me £384 direct from aquamist, delivered the very next day 8)

coxie

have you noticed a performance difference or does it just allow a high boost setting to be run with out the charge temp being to high. :roll: :?:

O

Olly

Bit more torque and me running more boost and still not lean. :lol:

A

Anders

Cheers Kieron :D

Ex-gtir - I've had the car less than a month and already have a stack of work lined up. I may need to employ your services...