wastegate springs..

turbodaily

ok so im confusing myself here lol, say i fit a 1bar wastegate spring, and set the boost controller to run 1.8bar, will the wastegate start to open around 1bar still or will it stay closed until 1.8bar? or would it be better to run a 1.5bar spring and use the controller to bleed it up to 1.8bar? would there be any difference in that, or is the controller going to hold the wastegate shut until the desired boost on the controller is met?

ta :)

geetee

The controller should keep the pressure away from the actuator until it needs to start opening.... if your target peak boost is 1.8 bar it will start putting pressure on the actuator a little before the boost rises that far to make sure you don't get a boost spike.... how soon before is configurable on most controllers to allow them to be fine-tuned to suit individual setups.

turbodaily

cool yeah thats what i was thinking, the solinoid blocks the signal to the wastegate until near target boost then opens. cool thanks mate

turbodaily

running 1.55bar on the 1bar spring currently.. but thats what im getting at, unsure wether this spring is ganna partially open just under 1bar still...

MORF114

I have 1 bar spring and i am running at 1.4 bar and my tuner wont tune past 1.5 says its pointless and may aswell put my 1.4 spring back in, only swapped them over so he could start the base tune.