washer pump

O

Odin

Hi people.

I need to move my washer bottle to the boot and am thinking the standard washer pump might not be up to the job of pushing the water forward with enuff pressure.

Has anybody done this?.

(a) was the standard pump ok?.
(b) if not how did you get around the problem?.
(c) I'm thinking a water injection pump should give me plenty of push.

Opinion's welcome :wink: .

rob

JU5TY

Ive moved mine to the boot.

There are two pumps, one for the rear screen, the other for the front. Im assuming they're both the same. Although they do have different part numbers on them.

Either way its fine, if there is enough power to feed the rear screen with the tank mounted in the front... visa vera.

JU5TY

Ive also fitted 405 washer jet bars to the wipers so I can do away with the washer jets on my CFX bonnet. :wink:

A

AZ STE

Rob use the existing pipe runs as much as possible.The existing rear pipe run cut to fit bottle in boot.
Then splice in the new front pipe run to the old rear pipe run under your rear seat. Then in the wheel arch splice the old rear pipe run into the old front pipe run :wink: Pumps work fine .
Cut the plugs from the wiring in the wing making sure that you know which is which as the plugs are different then splice in wires to run all the way down the sill to the boot

O

Odin

Thanks steve :wink: .

I was thinking of useing (thank's to rsnissan) 2 alloy tanks and pumps plumbed into the rear pipe just to give it a bit more push, I might use a water heater as well as i do live in sunny scotland :wink: .

rob

J

jiw

Hey rob the demon tweeks motorsport catalogue has a little universal washer bottle with pump, i think its only £25 :wink:

JU5TY

Yeah I was looking at that, only problem is you would need two to run the rear washer jet as well. Having said that I wouldn’t miss the rear washer, so may just get one tank to supply the front. :D

O

Odin

JU5TY said:
Yeah I was looking at that, only problem is you would need two to run the rear washer jet as well. Having said that I wouldn’t miss the rear washer, so may just get one tank to supply the front. :D
I have no rear wiper anymore :wink: .

and cheers jiw 8) .

rob

M

MarkMc

I have a custom tank(aluminium) made up that moves it off to the side so that it would not interfere with intercooler pipe(most important :wink: ). Note the same nozzle is used to fill the aluminum tank. Also got custom over flow bottle for radiator too(plastic thou). I have a rough pic in the members area, which shows it next tointercooler pipe.

Mark

O

Odin

Did a seach matey and I can't find you in the member's section, Not inless you put the pic on someone else's post :? .

rob

M

MarkMc

Its under the member section.(post a picture of your engine page 11). There’s about 5 pictures of the engine bay. The bottle lid is on the left of the picture next to intercooler. Not to easy to see, but definitely there in 3 of 5 pics.

Mark