Washer fluid inactive

KB bgf

He guys

Only become a pulsar owner for the 1st time vary recently and have discoverd i have no windscreen washer fluid.
Made a couple of checks, seems ok at the drivers end switch seems to be working. No pump noise and no power supply to the pump so im guessing a fuse??

any feedback appreciated. Cheers Kieran :)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have a FMIC? - Someone may have taken it out to get the intercooler to fit.

KB bgf

Thanks for your reply bud.
Yea it has a FMIC but all the bottle + wiring would seem to still be intact. I have used a multi metre to see if there is a power supply but there isn't. I'm yet to hunt through fuses to see if one has let go. It has been known that fuses pop if the system freezez up. Haven't got the hang of japanese yet so this should be fun.

KB bgf

Still Having an issue with the washers failing. There is a washer bottle in the engine bay (n/s lower) it would appear to be plumbed in. All fuses fine. There is no power suplly at all. Its like its been disconnected somewhere along the way.

Tim

The wires for the bottle run into the cabin from the bottle under the arch liner of the drivers side arch. If it were me i'd be removing the arch liner and tracing the cable back. If you have big wheels and lowered suspension then under high load the wheel may have worn through some cabling?

KB bgf

The wires for the bottle run into the cabin from the bottle under the arch liner of the drivers side arch. If it were me i'd be removing the arch liner and tracing the cable back. If you have big wheels and lowered suspension then under high load the wheel may have worn through some cabling?
Cheers Tim. Pretty much its running a standard set up suspension wise. It does have oz racing wheels but they are no bigger than 16".

Tim

Still worth checking the cable, if you aren't getting power and the fuse is OK, what else could it be?