Washer bottle PAIN!

R

riske

Hey guys here's the low down;

Can't get an MOT because i have no washer bottle! Its been removed because the FMIC has preference and has taken all the space up!

Can anyone tell me where i can get a nice shiney small bottle to relocate it somewhere in the engine bay?

Also anyone else solved this conundrum and maybe help a brother out with maybe some pics...not asking for much 8)

Thanks

much love

R

riske

Yeah think i'm going to have to run it from the boot because no space in enginge bay. Battery has been booted too!

All these pipes!

davey red.r

this can happen on most fmic,
i believe the forge fmic, is one of few, where the washer bottle can remain in the same place.

davey

olliecast

scott b

mount it in the back and use the pipe that runs front to back that was used for the rear washer, use it for the front ones and join the oringinal pipes together where the bottle used to be, then run the wires either to the old pump conections or to a new seperate switch

gtir_pimp

dan-hipgrave said:
Or if you dont want to run a pipe and wires to the back of the car buy a washer bag used on many kitcars:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WASHER-BAG-KIT-FOR-CLASSIC-MG-ETC-AND-KIT-CARS_W0QQitemZ180295168975QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180295168975&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Can then be tucked up somewhere or even just used for the MOT and then taken off again.

Dan
i got that one off ebay a few weeks ago. i let my mate use it on his R as the mot was on wednesday and he said its great, and very easy to fit. he fitted the existing wires and tube so the stalk could still be used instead of the button supplied.said it took him 15-20mins, and i will be ordering another one for me!

he also fitted it next to the expansion bottle

STEVEN878

if you dont have time to wait just get a juice bottle drill a hole in the side of it low down fit the pump to the side of the bottle and cable tie it out the way fill with water and mot passed. i got pulled with the police after about a week after fitting my fmic they checked the car and gave me a 30quid fine for having no water:(

MORF114

I have a nice little metal black box with two pumps on the side ill put some pics up tommorrow if you weren't told what it is you wouldnt have a clue what its for.

My old man has a plastic water bottle with a single pump for the front windscreen on his scooby poo emptys way too quickly in winter.

CanadianR

I have a nice little metal black box with two pumps on the side ill put some pics up tommorrow if you weren't told what it is you wouldnt have a clue what its for.

My old man has a plastic water bottle with a single pump for the front windscreen on his scooby poo emptys way too quickly in winter.
bump!

R

riske

Yeah in the end i decided to boot mount mine. I have an extra pump near the front so the power is nice on the front windows. Why get it in ally when no1 sees it? But still post pics mate.

Radleigh

Reason being, Is mines currently just floating about in the boot with a bit of wood holding it in place lol, the last owner done it.

Im having it made from ally with brackets so I can bolt it down.

MORF114

yeah sorry ill take a pic when i can get a hand to a camera did have a pic on my camera but i smashed my phone in anger and that was my camera gone lol

sure i have one on p00ter somewhere but cant find it yet.

R

riske

ah i see lol. Why dont you just get a bracket for your current bottle and attach it like i did? Or you just wanna be a flash bling bling git lol.