Walbro 255 fuel pump upgrade.

Braveheart

I've just replace my standard fuel pump with the above.
I did follow a guide but deviated from it a little.
I was not happy with the reach and direction of the waldro pick-up filter and decided to use the nissan (original) fuel pick-up which fitted well and seemed to sit better (lower) in the tank.
Do you think this will be ok... I hope so:doh:

A

a11ova

I used the one that came with pump. Did you use the 45 degree elbow that comes with the pump?

PaulB

Yeah,
I fitted the original pick up back on, i thought most people did, as the one you get with the walbro is very small.

I also fitted a few more cable ties to make sure the pump was solid in the cradle

youngsyp

I agree with paul81. Everything I've seen on the fitting of the Walbro points to using the original pickup and filter.

The reason being that, the OE pickup is a lot longer than the Walbro supplied item so, you shouldn't have to worry about the dreaded left hand corner fuel starvation....... as much !

I haven't actually fitted one yet (on my 'To do' list) and I'll be fitting the OE pickup, along with doing a few more little modifications with the fitting !

Braveheart

The Walbro pump came with filter adapter and it's own filter. When I fitted them it had a 45deg turn but it did not have the same reach into to tank. By the time you rap it in foam/cable tie and put it into the nissan housing, the pick-up was high up. I tried the nissan pickup which is 45deg also but it's longer and reached the reserve fuel in the tank. It fitted smug and the retainer hole and clip fitted exactly over the walbro retaining pin.

J

jpward

PaulB said:
Yeah,
I fitted the original pick up back on, i thought most people did, as the one you get with the walbro is very small.

I also fitted a few more cable ties to make sure the pump was solid in the cradle
Yup exactly as how i fitted mine i presume you have got the 200sx kit.

Fumey job ehh :p