Wabro Fuel pump/powerboost valve

herbie

I got my fueling checked the other day and the mixture was found to be lean in higher revs.
Will an uprated Walbro fuel pump cure this??
Will I bother with one of them Powerboost valve fuel regulators?
:?

J

J-GTi-R

Unless of course it's running lean because the fuel pump is knackered. The PBV is one way around lean running, you can use it to raise the fuel pressure and enrichen the fuel map and the Walbro should ensure you don't run out of fuel because of an old poorly flowing standard pump.

Get is all set up properly though, as you'll never tell what's going on without some proper exhaust gas analysis.

O

Odin

When I first got my motec fitted I was haveing the same problem, But a new fuel pump sorted the problem :wink: .

I'm not sure about fitting a pbv though, If the car's set up prop you shouldn't need to raise fuel pressure to get it to run right, I'd try a new pump and go from there.

rob

nismoboy

I'm not sure about fitting a pbv though, If the car's set up prop you shouldn't need to raise fuel pressure to get it to run right, I'd try a new pump and go from there.

rob[/quote

i agree, i also had this problem when i first went to 1 bar and i did the same thing as the V man, changed the fuel pump to a walbro and it solved the problem also change your fuel filter :wink:

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

if your on standard boost and its leaning out it could be the pump on its way out,(check the voltage) or perhaps a dodgy fpr not giving enough pressure to fuel in the higher rpm range :?