Vacuum hoses blocked off

Daygo

Hey guys, I bought this gtir awhile ago.. its running alright but the plumbing seems to played with.. not sure if it could run into issues later on..ive taken afew snaps. I tried to make sense of the vacuum diagrams but still havnt found much direction from it. Theyve blcked the small intake child hose off and also where their is a small hose coming off the throttle body. Two of the lines are blocked off also.. and the very top of the charcoal filter leads nowhere venting freely.. if i could remember my other gtir's setup i would of been sweet. this cars been abused id say over the years.

If u could help us out it be would great!

Attachments

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Do these help at all?

So the port on the bottom of the plenum is going to my boost controller (and then obviously the wastegate actuator).
You can't really see it, but there's one hose which has both the factory and after-market boost gauges on it; I think that's also T'd to the dump valve vacuum source.
The fuel pressure regulator has its own line.
I think the carbon canister has its own lines too.

The hose that used to come off the factory boost control solenoid is blanked-off on the inlet pipework (as is the recirculation hose for the factory dump valve).

The black pipe that seems to be hanging on top of the others is the gearbox breather hose.

Daygo

Thanks for the help.. this is harder than i thought. Im gona have to go one by one. The fact that the cars running sweet.. should i make sure their all going to the rite places or dont worry about it? I dont know what theyv done. When i bought it the car would overheat and flutter when warmed up.. I changed the ecu with nistune also and it fixed that problem.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Has the carbon cannister been removed? I think that was the reason to block those hoses off.

Daygo

Carbon canister is still inplace.. just the hose at the top of the canister is missing and venting.. other than that ive got a replacement canister so i can connect the hose thats missing to somewhere.. and theirs two hoses blocked off. Just trying to connect those hoses up and check over every hose to see if their connected properly. The engines running okay so not sure if theyve done it for a particular reason or just got lucky