URGENT: Rear Brake Help Required

M

macphegf

Hi guys, I'm trying to fit new brake pads on the rear and I'm having difficulty pushing the brake piston thing :roll: in so that the new unworn pads will fit (if you see what I mean). I had no problems with the front brakes but I think the rear may have siezed. I have a big (about 1&1/2ft) pair of grip things that I'm using, but no matter how hard I try i cannot get the piston to move in. I assume there is only 1 brake fluid reservour (spelling!) and I have the lid off this. If it's seized what do I need to do to un seize it? Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

P.S. I'm a bit of an ametuer so keep the jargon to a minimum pls! :roll: :lol:

O

Odin

You have to wind them in as you clamp them, Its the same with most rear disc hand brake set ups :wink: , And if ki_saj_ng dosn't know this simple fact he should never be let near a gtir with any spanners :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Good luck fella.

rob

ki_saj_ng

vpulsar said:
You have to wind them in as you clamp them, Its the same with most disc rear hand brake set ups :wink: , And if ki_saj_ng dosn't know this simple fact he should never be let near a gtir with any spanners :roll: :lol: :lol: .

Good luck fella.

rob
i seriously didnt know that, did the rear pads on the Lexus not so long ago and they just slid right in...i thought that was standard - obviously not :oops:

as for not being let near a gtir, might be true seeing as its been off road for well over a year! :shock:

back very soon tho :twisted:

M

macphegf

Thanks v, you' the man! Went in easy when I started turning it.

Cheers muchley

O

Odin

macphegf said:

Cheers muchley

Your welcome fella :wink: , Its my job to be mister helpful :shock: :lol: :lol: .

rob

M

macphegf

macphegf said:

Cheers muchley
Just realised that should really have been:

Thanks Gee, you' the man!

Sorry V just weren't quick enough! :lol:

O

Odin

macphegf said:
macphegf said:

Cheers muchley
Just realised that should really have been:

Thanks Gee, you' the man!

Sorry V just weren't quick enough! :lol:

There you go always the bridesmaid :oops: :cry: .

rob