Urgent Brake Question - Brembo's…!

R

*Red*

Getting a new set of wheels for the R. Now, the wheels I'm having are currently being made, so the company have said that they may be able to make them specifically to my measurements to fit over the brakes. They've faxed me a diagram that I need to label with various measurements of the brakes to ensure the wheel will clear them…

Being a complete girl, all I know is that I have a set of Brembo 4 pots on there. I'm obviously more than happy to take a wheel off and measure it myself but thought I might get more accurate measurements if I asked Brembo directly (they must have them on file somewhere?!)

What I need to know is, is there only one type of Brembo brake kit for the Pulsar, or am I going to make a complete twat of myself asking, for them only to say "Right so which brake kit is on your car" for me to go "Errrrrrmmmmmmmmm……" :lol:

Thank yoooooooo! :D

Red xx

P

pulsarboby

hi sarah
the calipers will be the same dimensions, but the discs will vary in size, from (i think) 265mm to 310mm possibly bigger!
and this is what you need to find out (disc diameter)
once you have that, they should then be able to sort you out!

PaulB

Is it a brembo kit, or a set of brembos off an evo made to fit ?

I dont know what measurement they want, but is imagin, a measurement from the face of the hub, to the furthest point the caliper is away from the hub. as so they know the spokes wont catch the caliper.

Take your wheel off, get a tape measure and a straight piece of something to measure it with. Maybe just add 10% to be sure.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You'll be about a while before you recieve anything from Godspeed! Well known for not replying and being slow. Does eventually get you everything but he's just slow..

Rishi

Just spoke to Ian at godspeed the other day and sent him an email for new disks for my Brembo kit. The wheel had to be sent to him to get it to fit when the kit was 1st made. The caliper they used is pretty big so watch out for clearance problems towards the spokes of the wheel too. Mine are under 15's and and with 290mm disks there is only about 1mm clearance. Wanted to fit my watanabe rs8 split rims but there was no way they were going to fit.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the place thats making the wheels need to know how far out your caliper sits from the disk, i know my disc sits in different place from a standard disc so you'll probably need to measure how far in the disc sits from the bell and measurre out again to see how far the caliper sits out, as well how far out the caliper sits from the center of the hub.