Uprated oil pumps?

J

jaigtir

Hi guys, im quite sure my oil pressure was buggered due to the oil pump now, after going in a mates car and comparing. are there any uprated oil pumps out there, and if so, how much am i looking at?

Nad

AFAIK there are none and have been told they are not needed as a standard pump in a good condition can keep the oil pressure as required. I have heard that a tuner does know how to mod them to increase the pressure, if I find out I will let u know. Also depending on desired use would be worth doing the sump, ie baffles etc.

Nad

S

Sirnixalot

we have the largest oil pump of the sr20 family....the 200BHP 1.6L SR16VE N1 uses our pump. That being said good pumps can go bad.

JU5TY

Nad said:
I have heard that a tuner does know how to mod them to increase the pressure, if I find out I will let u know.
Yeah my machiner can/has uprated my standard oil pump. I can find out more details if you want...

GINGA

Increasing the oil pump pressure is a simple matter of just fitting a stronger spring to the regulator valve or even cheaper just fitting a washer behind the spring to increase the pressure :wink:

Nad

JU5TY said:
Nad said:
I have heard that a tuner does know how to mod them to increase the pressure, if I find out I will let u know.
Yeah my machiner can/has uprated my standard oil pump. I can find out more details if you want...
Yeah that is who I am on about.

GINGA said:
Increasing the oil pump pressure is a simple matter of just fitting a stronger spring to the regulator valve or even cheaper just fitting a washer behind the spring to increase the pressure :wink:
And that was the exact way of moding it Justin told me :lol:

Nad

A

Anonymous

what sort of money is an oil pump and is it a mare of a job to do?

just thinking about it from a maintenance perspctive as they do go bad and when they do!!

JU5TY

Was a while ago I enquired about an oil pump, but seem to remember a new complete one being around £300plus!

I would imagine its one hell of a job to change…