Uprated Ignition System

j10gtr

Found this

Ignition System is designed exclusively for the Nissan SR20DET high performance engine. This system replaces the original equipment coil pack and ignition wires with a direct ignition coil on plug system. The increased ignition performance found with the SplitFire Super Direct Ignition System is a must for all racing and performance enthusiasts with an RB series powerplant.

The Super Direct Ignition System is designed to provide a constant, stable voltage for the high performance engine and will decrease ignition voltage loss at high RPM levels.

O

Odin

It would work on the s14/15 which using coil packs, We have a dizzy so you would need something like my motec and a crank trigger to make it work I think.

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
j10gtr said:
Any idea why ?

Thanks
Paul
See last post ;-) You need a different engine management. Ours only give one igntion signal, the distributor maechanically splits it 4 ways. Like Rob says, the newer SR20's use coil packs and the split fire is a direct replacement. I toyed with this route, Ashills/MIcra ed have done it. In the end I just played it safe and uprated the standard ignition amp/coil

Keira

campbellju said:
Ashills/MIcra ed have done it.l
no they havn't. Allen gave up on the idea and they mapped the standard ecu.

theres a few after market standalone dizzyless ignition systems about but all of them would be a waste of money for the vast majority of gtir owners

Fusion Ed

I have actually made a unit to convert stock pulsar to wasted spark. It reads crank angle signal from the distributor and waits for a spark signal before sending it to the right plug.

I have it working on the bench and shall finish it after I have got JAE out of the way.

j10gtr

Let us have more details when your a bit less busy please.

Interesting that should sell well at the right price ed.

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

j10gtr

Take your point on the cap and firing signal issues but it does say it replaces the original coilpack and ignition wires which indicates it overcomes these issues. I have no idea how or what it does yet.

Made a couple of calls re this ignition system and so far have been told that it was dsigned for the sylvia sr20det to replace the OEM ignition system which also ran a distributor with a cap and arm.

When asked if it would fit the gtir they couldnt answer as is often the case but I am waiting for a call back.

Thanks
Paul

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
You might be right but if you are then why don't they list the Sentra and why do they say it will not work on an SR20DE?

If it does work then that little blue box would have to have some electronics in it that does what Ed is working on so the ignition knows which is TDC.

Maybe splitfire have done it but the last time I looked they hadn't so buyer beware.

Jim

j10gtr

I am being aware Im used to it had this goose chase a few times with parts for the R.

Agree there must be some electronics in that blue box if it does work on the R perhaps they are using the crank angle sensor ?

Thanks
Paul