Tyre Wear

Matt Evans

I noticed really bad wear on the very inside edge when I had my front tyres changed the other day. After sifting through the threads, I've concluded that its a camber adjustment issue. I've looked at camber bolts, but is there any other/better way to adjust the camber? :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Matt Evans said:
I noticed really bad wear on the very inside edge when I had my front tyres changed the other day. After sifting through the threads, I've concluded that its a camber adjustment issue. I've looked at camber bolts, but is there any other/better way to adjust the camber? :?

Camber adjustable top mounts....

Rishi

warringtonjack

Topmounts are a better way imo. But there is the issue of ride height, because they lift the car by about 25-30mm. I have a set of topmounts waiting to go on, but i'm looking for some lowering springs first! :roll: :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have the tracking checked too as this also causes the same sort of wear.
Is your car lowered?

O

Odin

warringtonjack said:
Topmounts are a better way imo. But there is the issue of ride height, because they lift the car by about 25-30mm. I have a set of topmounts waiting to go on, but i'm looking for some lowering springs first! :roll: :roll:
I have the same problem with my now off road gti-r :cry: :lol: :lol: .

Was looking at another R at JAE and he had fitted 70mm lower springs with adjustable top mounts and it sat just right, About £100 ish for a set of four.

rob

warringtonjack

Rob, any idea what make they were?? I'm looking for a set of 70's for the front and 30/40's for the rear. I'm hoping this will make it all seem nice and sorted. Gonna go for -1.5's i think camber wise. What you got on yours?