twin dump pipe

ashills

right ive got a guy trying to fabricate a dump pipe to fit in standard elbow position
i spoke to him about a twin pipe setup but need to know what sizes are needed for each
does the main outlet need to be 2 or 2.5 inch ideally???

Mr GTiR

i want a 3" twin dump pipe if you can sort it out fella. I have no air con so plenty of room.

I have one on order from the states but have not heard anys news for quite a few weeks now............ :cry:

ashills

u wont get a 3 inch twin pipe as theres not enough room on the flange thats why u have the 2 seperate pipes to take the to outlets from turbo

but further down the pipe where they combine can be made to 3 inch

Mr GTiR

there is a thread on the SR20forum where it is being done
a 3" twin dump pipe.

but the waste gate pipe is being vented to atmosphire.

just woundering if you can have one made quicker?

ashills

3 inch is proving a pain to work with as im trying to keep the same front pipe so it doesnt really help having the extra width as it still has to go back on its self to the front pipe flange

if it doesnt work then ill have to have my front pipe socketed further back and new one made to go down to it tthen it may be possible to use 3 inch and vent the other to atmosphere as thats what ill probably do with this one aswell

just need to know if 2" or 2.5" would be acceptable

Mr GTiR

Allen, the only reason i said 3" is because i'm running a 3" system but the only thing that restricts my system is the dam orginal dump pipe :evil:

ashills

yeah 3 inch would be wicked but its not gonna happen keeping the original front pipe and as mine is only 2.5 inch i dont need 3 inch elbow

just hoping that 2.5 or twin pipe with main as 2 inch would be ok as its gotta be better than whats there now???

skiddusmarkus

2.5" should be plenty as the exhaust wheelis loads smaller than that.I seem to remember the ones that others had made were 2.5" and maybe 1" for the wastegate.

A

ard1ey

Its probably a bit impractical, but what about having the start of the main runner the same size as the turbo exhaust port and have it tapering up to the right size to mate with the rest of the exhaust (2.5" usually?). This should give a smooth flow as the exhaust gas doesn't get a chance to suddenly expand and slow down because there's no sudden change in pipe size. The wastegate pipe can feed in wherever's easiest as the pipe diameter is always bigger than the turbo port.

Feel free to tell me if I'm talking a$$,

ashills

im gonna go with 2" as that cant be worked with easier and talking to jgy they recon it should be ok but need a 3" exhaust to go with it