twin dump pipe finished

ashills

made this up over the last couple of days, its a 10mm stainless flang so that should be ok with the heat its the main outlet pipe 2.75" im not sure if its heavy enough guage
I know the welding very rough first thing ive ever done so suprised i didnt melt it lol

A

antilag

are u meglamaniacs front man on scrap heap challenge lol

ps ent seen the pic my laptops to slow so just read your discription :wink:

Keira

Guess it doesn't have to be pretty :shock: I'm sure it'll get better with practice 8)

Just ring up an exhaust manufacturer, ask if they'd make one and what with then get the same piping :wink:

GINGA

You won't be able to use a dump to atmosphere on a internally gated turbo as it will be almost impossible to seal the wastegate section from the turbine outlet section :( it will have to be routed back into the downpipe/dump pipe as otherwise exhaust gases will be coming out of the wastegate pipe all the time.

ashills

its on the car :D
not all welded up yet but im gonna use a mongoose front pipe and all that needs doing is cut it and rotate hopfully
more pics tomorrow lol

Keira

fair play al 8)

I shall save taking the p!ss until sunday :wink:

Although when you get good at it you can adapt mine :lol:

Keira

His first born :shock:

oh so proud :lol:

good to see you've sorted it out for yourself.

Between you and dave its a toss up for who's actually the worst welder :lol: although both are better than i'd do :(

Must say i'm impressed, well done mate 8) It can only get better

Fusion Ed

Its doesnt look too pretty but its not that bad and i would say it may not even fall appart immediatly lol haha, considering all allen had to make it with was my metal work tools which consist of almost nothing its quite amazing....

Keira

I agree ed, he's done himself proud.

Obviously i will have to take the p!ss but thats just jealousy cos i paid a fortune for a 3" dump that i'm want chopped up and adapted :lol:

Fusion Ed

have you seen his cam cover yet? lol thats something else for you to 'comment' on.. I did that but dust settled on it during the night still looks nice though..

Fusion Ed

no i have got as far as undercoating the bonnet, but barclay card have been kind and given me a card.. LOL so never know something MIGHT happen.

G

GazTi-R

Seen budgie droppings look neater than some of those welds :shock: :lol: but fair play, i've not got round to attempting anything so adventurous yet :oops:

D

disco dave

oi kerion u fat my weldings legendry anyway my dump pipe runs fron 4 inch down to 234 inch and a lot more complx than alans so shut it.!!! lol

ashills

first report back with it on car is all good full boost is by 4200-300rpm in 5th
and it spools very fast when it comes on boost