turbo not boosting properly

I just put the engine back in after changing clutch, water pipes behind the block, all new pipes going into the air chamber. I used 3mm silicone for the 3piece fpr, airchamber, boost controller.
I changed the banjo pipes on the turbo to braided hoses because i dropped it on the floor crushing all the pipes
No cracks in the turbo or play in the impellar. Aldo changed gaskets on the icv and warmup regulator.

I did have a forge actuator on it but it wasn't boosting so thought mayb its the acuator so switched back to the original.
Original back on and its slightly better but still not boosting as it did prior to taking the engine out.
I changed it to 1 bar loop to see if that did anything and it made no difference what so ever. On the standard turbo gauge
It went up to previously +7 now goes to +4 or 5. I have checked all the vacuum routing and all looks right but what the hells going on lol

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you change the pipe from the plenum to the wastegate actuator (or boost solenoid if still a standard set up)?
This pipe has a restrictor in it to give you your +7, if it's gone you'll only see +5.
Failing that possibly the diaphragm in the actuator has split.

Is that the pipe that goes to the top of the inlet runs down to the 3 piece splitter into the actuator thne boost solenoid
The boost solenoid to air pipe.

I just tried some 3mm silicone as i can't find the pipe. It boosts up more now but think it would go better with the correct pipe.
Can i get rid of the restrictor altogether as younsaid about me still running standard? Thanks mate big help

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yes I think it's that hose.
If you get rid of the restrictor you'll run less boost as I said.

dev singh

Was the wastegate fully shut when you replace the actuator ??it need to be fully shut and the pipes should go from plenum into 3 splits 1 goes to the boost controller valve and from boost controller valve to actuator the other 2 are connect to the dump valve and fuel pressure regulator

Thanks fast guy I didn't realise there was a restrictor. I was perplexed as to why
It wasn't boosting as it should, would've gone nuts if know one knew lol. Dev I was
Going other the pipes making sure everything was right but couldn't find the pipe
But had alittle tidy up and its on the shelf. Thanks guys