Turbo gone?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Very un safe practice if not done in controlled conditions, you only need to have slight differences between cars to cause issues......even altitude between the two areas the cars are can change things huge amounts, as discovered by ed at fusion whilst mapping in recently .
That's the "Ford Tuning" way isn't it? - Get a table of mods and parts, then just load the generic map that someone says is best for the bits you've got.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Here's a pick from GTiROZ:

If your pulley is anything like mine; all you've got is a couple of rusted notches on a rusted wheel. - I'd need to re-paint them to set the timing.

111mattin111

Sorry buddy I meant the other part that's connected to the engine and sticks out and point to those marks on the pulley

MarkTurbo

As Ed said, if your turbo has that much end play its f**ked and wouldn't be surprised if the compressor wheel was touching the housing :lol:

111mattin111

It doesn't touch the housing I've had a turbo before that did and you could just hear it as you lifted the throttle off, will replace it soon with something bigger

111mattin111

Anyone know where the marker is cant seem to see mine anywhere I've put tippex on the 6 dots on the pulley but now can't find anywhere to line them up with

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
De grease the area and stick a temporary pointer on to what's left with 1 minute setting araldite, something like a match stick. Make sure you disconnect the tps and have an idle of 1000rpm or lower before attempting to set the static timing, which I would set at 15-18degrees, if you don't do this the car will not have the ecu in "timing set" mode and you will have nothing but trouble.

111mattin111

Ok so disconnected the tps reved to 3500rpm 3 times looked at timing it was about 12 deg, adjusted it to about 18, turned off plugged tps back in, now looking at it with the tps plugged back in should it still read 18 coz its no where near that once running with the tps back in, but once I remove it again it reads 18 is this normal?