tubular manifold

RO_SUNNY

:)))))))))))))))))))))) Yeah Davie that's 100% true.
Please remind me tommorrow to search for a price quote for the postage.

Mr B

Nice result, nice to see development ongoing & good to see this level of fabrication available as handy for custom turbo set-ups or anyone desiring a decent tubular manifold at reasonable costing ...

vpulsar

Looks very nice indeed though I think the faces look like they will need milling flat before it gets fitted but not a big issue.

Rob

RO_SUNNY

I must say that the YES the head flange is slightly warped fue to the tension in the runners during the welding process.
But....I have tested it and if you slightly tighten the nuts and than run the engine until the manifold is hot enough.......than tighten the nuts again....the manifold shouldn't leak.

RO_SUNNY

I don't understand you.....please ''translate''

Anyway I don't have nothing to hide and this is the reason why I wrote here that the flange is slightly warped.

Anyways....I can assure Davie and all of my future clients that if something bad hapens to one of my manifolds I will take full responsabilty for it....and I will repair with no further costs anything that will hapen!!!!!!!!!!!

warpspeed

Just don't understand why you would sell a manifold with a warped flange and hope that it tightens down on someone else's head, surely it would be better to skim the flange then you would be more certain that it would seal properly?
Even if you add more to cover that cost it means you can relax knowing it's done right?

warpspeed

Just offering constructive criticism.

I'm afraid your manifold won't work for me as I'm moving my turbo..

vpulsar

Just offering constructive criticism.

I'm afraid your manifold won't work for me as I'm moving my turbo..
As was I, I didn't want to start an argument lol. It just makes sense to me to have any manifold form any & all supplier's skimmed to make sure it's flat. It's not like changing a turbo and manifold on a pulsar is a five minute job lol.

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd skim it before you sent it out because

a) I don't want to be sticking my hands up behind a red hot turbo trying to do the nuts up again and
b) I don't want to risk shearing a stud or stripping a thread in the head by over tightening the nuts to take the warping out of the manifold or
c) risk buying it to have to send it back to you because after a and b it's still leaking because it's warped.

What's the access to the nuts like with this manifold?