Tps Or Heavy Load

N

nx2k gti-r

hi, my buddy has a gti-r in his nx2000, when the pedal is pressed all the way down to the floor the car will rev till about 2000 then totally bog and die. it hits like an imaginary rev limiter. now if you accelerate that car about 75% or less throttle it will pull all the way to redline. it seems that only when you have the tps at WOT this will happen. bought a new tps and set it according to damian on this forum. now the tps reads 0.45volt at WOT and 4.xx at idle. why is it reading backwards?!!! and what else could be the problem with the car dying at WOT. thanks alot for your help i will try and upload a video for you too see better what i am talking about:doh:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The only purpose in life for the TPS on our cars is tell the engine management when it is at idle. It sounds like you've either fit it the wrong way round or your wiring is messed up. Its meant to read .45-.55V at idle and much higher at full throttle. When they start to fail, the voltage can drop and the ECU goes into idle when its meant to be on the map. Normally its difficult to see without some sort of logging but yours is just wrong though so should be easier :)

antgtir

In addition to the sensor issue, check the ECU for issues. Sounds like the car may be jumping into limp home mode. Is the boost standard? Is it overboosting and hitting the max available fuel pump rate?

Ant.

N

nx2k gti-r

realllllyy

ill try switching the wires on the outiside of the tps

stock boost.. .stock gti-r everything

new walbro 255 fuel pump.. so i dont think getting enough fuel is the problem

ecu... could be, dont think so..but maybe..

also tried the maf. replaced it with anther and same problem.... so X that.

thanks for feedback... ill let u know how it goes..

neil240z

actually many years ago a friend of mine had a similar problem on his pulsar and he wanted to try the ECU from my car on his and it turned out to be just that.

antgtir

Have you checked the new fuel pump earth and other associated wires?

If things have changed due to an upgrade, go back to that upgrade and see if things are not as they should be.

Worth trying a check on the ECU mate, its a 30second job lol you may find an issue with DET sensor or something like.

Ant.

Fusion Ed

If the ECU sees TPS=closed above about 2000 odd rpm it will cut the ignition assuming its in over run. You have an incorrect TPS sensor if its reading backwards, although this could be corrected by just swapping a few wires on the plug around. Get that sorted first and check its reading right at the ECU end.