Tps angle

nimhbk

If my TPS ws out when Ed mapped my car (0.15)

Now that i have adjusted it to 0.45 would this over fuel the bloody thing. Adjusted it friday and put new leads on her and now it stinks of fuel when running.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Nope. Setting up your TPS correctly (0.55V IIRC) will not need a re-map. It sets the point at which the car idles

I helped a member with their car where the wire was broken giving all sorts of idling issues as the car never knew when it was meant to switch into the idling map.

geoff pine

The problem i found with my tsp was it did idle to high at .45 idles perfectly at .47 but idles badly at .55 so .55 may just be to high for yours. Also i set mine with the engine not running with just the ignition turned on by using my greddy informeter :lol: i knew it would come in handy one day

nimhbk

So 0.55 is the correct Measure and not the 0.45

Also not sure then why the car is now flooding and not turning over the tps and the HT leads are the onlt things i have touched

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 0.5±0.05V so anywhere between 0.45 and 0.55 is considered normal.

nimhbk

Cannot do a fault code check because of the digital dash i have put in, and my consult just says com port 2 error

oooooooohhhhhhhh i could burn the burn the bloody thing

danr

the ecu should flash the codes, but not sure if there are 2 models of ecu. one does, one doesnt..

geoff pine

You could also try a different usb port on your lap top failing that go to the consult web site it tells you how to sort that port problem out :thumbsup:

vss irvine

Adjustment : This can either be done manually (with a multimeter) or by plugging into the Consult Port with a laptop and reading it straight off the screen. If using a multimeter it must be done with IGN ON (engine does not need to be running) and the connector fitted to the TPS. You'll need nice sharp multimeter probes to pierce the insulation on the wires - it often pays to give them a quick sharpen with a file/grinder etc. Carefully probe the 0V wire (Black) and the signal wire (White). Don't use chassis GND. With throttle closed you should be seeing 0.5V. The spec is 0.35V to 0.65V but it's nice to have it right in the middle. Adjustment is done by loosening the 2 screws that mount the TPS - NOT by using the throttle stop screw.

TPS Closed :Another handy thing to check is that the ECU is actually seeing "TPS Closed". It monitors the TPS position and when it's in a certain range (normally 0.35 to 0.65V) it assumes the throttle is closed. This triggers a flag in the ECU which makes it go into idle mode. You can monitor this via the Consult port using Datascan. If your throttle is closed but the ECU doesn't see it then stable idle will be impossible to achieve.

Check TPS function : While you're playing with the TPS it's a good idea to check it across the range. Slowly open the throttle - you should see the voltage increase smoothly to just over 4V. If you see any sudden changes (to 0V or 5V) then I'm afraid she's knackered and it's off to Mr. Nissan with you. The Consult Port is extra handy for doing this check as you can log the TPS value while you drive the car - and then check the trace for any drop-outs later.

http://plmsdevelopments.com/sr_setup_tips.shtml#2.tps

vss irvine

last car i checked was at 0.46v, by adjusting it to exactly 0.50v it brought the idle down 180 rpm.

tps should not stop the car from turning over though, sounds like theres another issue.

nimhbk

Cheers Mr Ivine

Not sure what else to look at! managed to get my laptop to read consult today, was giving my win error 2
but i was connecting it all to the computer than starting the program, now when i start the program and then attatch the consult it seems to be working.
the car turns over but fires about once in a cycle of five.
As the car was running ok before i put new O.E ht leads on i am scratting me head now

nimhbk

right got my conzult to work for the first time since i have had it
Anyway how does the bloody thing work
I have the following values i knew my tps was 0.44, but is the maf voltage supposed to be 0.48
And to read the Diagnostic trouble codes do you just press the button on the ECCS page as when i do it just comes up as a blank window

danr

should print 55 or similar i would guess. is engine on?

idle should be ~1.1-1.2v

Last edited:

nimhbk

would love the engine to be on
just incase i am being a idiot i filled her up with ten pounds of petrol no luck.
can the distrabutor cap just stop working!

gtirx2

Rotor arm fallen off?
Or maybe your coil lead has died,i had this trouble with a set of brand new blue print leads,try your old coil lead back on there.

danr

i meant ignition on, ecu on. not running lol, soz!
youre flooding, so the injectors are working (leaking?)

can you remove pump relay, start car, should clear flood. or remove fuel pump fuse.

are you getting a spark at the plugs?
resistor pack dodge?
cas?

Last edited: