Totb Vii '08

Kev@Apex

campbellju said:
Understeer on tight corners?
Problem solved:

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=307&d=1158053929

My own opinon on the handling circuit is:

The fastest cars will be the ones with the best drivers. I'm far rustier than I used to be and those getting out on the trackdays and hillclimbs the most will be the best drivers.
Elvington is an airfield, not a race circuit, the surface is very bumpy.
IIRC, the "handling circuit" looks like an autocross course where its all 2nd and 3rd gear 400hp is useful rather than necessary. Sticky tyres are the most important thing.
For anyone interested, we should all get down Elvington some time, not as a qualifier but just to have a laugh and fiddle with car setups. People can then feel how bad the surface is for themselves.

Any willing participant is better than none, at the end of the day its just a bit of fun. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I was 14th fastest overall (3rd in RWD) this year with 350bhp and 2WD.

P

pulsarboby

Originally Posted by pulsarboby
tez......your far to fat to ever consider anything like that:caked: stop eating the pies and supping the beer and you will be slim n trim like moi:lol: :cool:

quote>considering i have only 18% body fat and use my multi gym every night and hate pies and beer too (im a vodka man myself) your wrong l:p :der: , as for me being to heavy i can outclass people who weigh 11-12 stone in a 125cc go-cart and only be 0.3 secs off pace against people who work at the cart track and use it whenever its not being used by customers im defo good enuff to compete especially since il have around 60k a year to spend on the car once my business is sorted :lol: oh yeh and even if i dont get a point at least id have taken part which is more than can be said for alot of people :lol:,,,,<quote

18% your still way toooo fat:lol: you need to be a trim 10 & half stone like myself to be as good as me, have you thought of liposuction???

60k a year:yawn: thats just beer tokens to me, carry that round in my back pocket every day.

and yes your right its the taking part that counts, but you do need to steer clear of the gym as it will only lead to you having heart failiure!

lots of fat people are just content with their weight, theres nothing wrong with it!
just ask odin;-) :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

fatb@stardboby said:
lots of fat people are just content with their weight, theres nothing wrong with it!
just ask odin;-) :lol: :lol:

Leave me out of your arguments please ;-) .

Oh and the slim 10 stone bit was pure comedy blobster :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

did you like that bit robbie!:p

clare made me this big (not my fault) shes a feeder you see:lol: i was a nice healthy 14 stone when i met her, but she said i was too skinnny and didnt like my 6 pack, so in a way im her creation if you like:-D 8) shes now got 3 six packs for the price of one:p
even though im 6'2 and 17 stone she still thinks im too thin:shock: she also likes to use me as a punchbag for her kick boxing training 'reckons a fat bloke can absorb more energy':roll:

i reckon shes trying to wipe me out to get her hands on my millions that ive earnt over the years:twisted:

BUT I SAY'CLARE NO' WHEN I SNUFF OUT, IM LEAVING MY MILLIONS TO THE JUDEAN PEOPLES POPULAR FRONT! 'SO GET YOUR MITTS OFF MY MILLIONS:lol:

T

tez2284

ha ha your a porker too :lol: but my 18% is above average and im only two inches shorta than you, you mite av more pennies than me but il be doing 90% of the work myself so wont be paying some monkey near enuff wat the parts cost to have them fitted to my car plus it wont take anywhere near as long, my misses loves quick cars and doesn't mind me spendin on it as her dad has a granada which has been tuned up and messed about with.

O

Odin

fatb@stardblobster said:
shes now got 3 six packs for the price of one

Surely you mean JELLY pack ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

underneath all that blubber theres a muscle somewhere:lol:

snoon

'For anyone interested, we should all get down Elvington some time, not as a qualifier but just to have a laugh and fiddle with car setups. People can then feel how bad the surface is for themselves.'

I agree with this, would be a laugh if nothing else - I'd come for defo.

T

tez2284

snoon said:
'For anyone interested, we should all get down Elvington some time, not as a qualifier but just to have a laugh and fiddle with car setups. People can then feel how bad the surface is for themselves.'

I agree with this, would be a laugh if nothing else - I'd come for defo.
yeh like i was sayin if you could get farmers permision to use some of the old airfields it would be cheaper and youd get more time on them plus find one closer, i know of 4 in norfolk which i razed around on before all have good surfaces, the widest and longest are tibenham and deopham both are about as wide as a duel carrage way ( all four lanes and centeral rez) tibenhams got about 1/2 mile of usable track one side( goes to about 3/4 miles but big pile of mud in middle) and the opposite side of the road it runs for about 1/4 mile, deophams got about 1/3 of a mile of usable surface but is blocked off and the only access is via the farmers track due to cars getin dumped and torched there, aylsham is as wide as tib and deopham but is about 1/4 mile long, little snoring airfield is longer but the main runway is gone and replaced by a light aircraft club who use a grass runway, it has two 1 1/2 mile straits as wide as a normal two way b road, these lanes are old taxi ways. so if you can find them there are more than enuff places you could use all over the country.:thumbsup:

snoon

tez2284 said:
yeh like i was sayin if you could get farmers permision to use some of the old airfields it would be cheaper and youd get more time on them plus find one closer, i know of 4 in norfolk which i razed around on before all have good surfaces, the widest and longest are tibenham and deopham both are about as wide as a duel carrage way ( all four lanes and centeral rez) tibenhams got about 1/2 mile of usable track one side( goes to about 3/4 miles but big pile of mud in middle) and the opposite side of the road it runs for about 1/4 mile, deophams got about 1/3 of a mile of usable surface but is blocked off and the only access is via the farmers track due to cars getin dumped and torched there, aylsham is as wide as tib and deopham but is about 1/4 mile long, little snoring airfield is longer but the main runway is gone and replaced by a light aircraft club who use a grass runway, it has two 1 1/2 mile straits as wide as a normal two way b road, these lanes are old taxi ways. so if you can find them there are more than enuff places you could use all over the country.:thumbsup:

All we need to do now is find some up north as well!

T

tez2284

snoon said:
All we need to do now is find some up north as well!
which county u in mate? if you go on google and type in your area (ie: for me its norfolk air fields)
you will find some sites (mainly ww2 enthusiast sites) which tell you where the fields are at and wether they are still used or owned by anyone( make sure the site is not just listing the site around at the time of ww2 as there where 12 in norfolk but most have been totally demolished and are now fields), then all you have to do is go and have a look for your self ( at aylsham and tibenham in norfolk you can just drive strait on to the airfields)