TOTB VI, 29th July, Elvington airfield

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Yes, I did notice that myself on another forum last night. I wonder how much of Juns origional work is still on the car.

LOU ROB

chrisniss91 said:
Mick begleys lemon GTR had another company all over the doors no stickers of abbey. I think perfect touch or similar
All the skylines had it on the cars, I presume that they were the team sponsors ?

Dooie Pop Pop

R-Type said:
Thanks to everyone who supported me & Mo today (bit daunting when your the only 2 Gtir's competing).

Mo's best time was 10.91 @ 124 mph with 1.600 sec 60/ft.....As ChrisS states not bad for a "common" 3071 turbo running @ 1.8 bar.

My best time was 11.66 @ 118 mph with 1.610 sec 60/ft....I'm running an old style sleeve bearing Greddy TD06 17c turbo, running @ 1.4 bar in 4th across the line!! Really happy with this time as I was only there to make up the numbers!

Commiserations to all the "big" players that couldn't make for whatever reason.....
Mo has now set the standard for a UK road legal Gtir, get your asses into gear & let's get the "bigger" boys looking over their shoulders!
Mo doesn' t come on here does he? give him my congratulations mate he' s done himself proud:thumbsup: talk about determination!:lol: judging by those vids you had a pretty damn good time yourself Soggy:-D nice one 8)

shame about the rest but se la ve..... it looks like the 'mongs' turbo of choice is about to become a winsy bit more popular again :lol: :roll: :lol:

who' s up for next year? maybe now would be a good time to start planning for it;-)

regards, stu

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
LOU ROB said:
All the skylines had it on the cars, I presume that they were the team sponsors ?

Mick actually moved away from Abbey and went to Perfect Touch - also sponsoring the Team GTR - to have some more work done and more mapping.. This has now put him into the 9sec 1/4mile and 200mph+ bracket!

I remember Perfect Touch contacting me out the blue about a year ago about a GTiR they were building! Hmmm.. Wonder how that one is coming along..

Rishi

R-Type

Dooie Pop Pop said:
Mo doesn' t come on here does he? give him my congratulations mate he' s done himself proud:thumbsup: talk about determination!:lol: judging by those vids you had a pretty damn good time yourself Soggy:-D nice one 8)

shame about the rest but se la ve..... it looks like the 'mongs' turbo of choice is about to become a winsy bit more popular again :lol: :roll: :lol:

who' s up for next year? maybe now would be a good time to start planning for it;-)

regards, stu
Thanks Stu....

Mo say's cheers to everyone that supported him.
Was great fun doing this event, I was apprehensive at first but then thought f*ck it! Most fun i've had with my clothes on.....every owner should try it!!

Would be good to see Lou's, Simon's, Rishi's & Mo's R's do battle at one event this year, would be interesting lol.

Rishi

R-Type said:
Thanks Stu....

Mo say's cheers to everyone that supported him.
Was great fun doing this event, I was apprehensive at first but then thought f*ck it! Most fun i've had with my clothes on.....every owner should try it!!

Would be good to see Lou's, Simon's, Rishi's & Mo's R's do battle at one event this year, would be interesting lol.

Pass on my congratulations! I just remember Andy calling me from TOTB and i just knew someone had cracked the 10's!

As for getting everyone together for a Battle.. I think Lou will be a little longer as he has other plans on the go at the moment.. I've moved to the US for a few months on Business..

Jap Show Finalle in October is the only event i can think of where you are likely to get everyone together..? There is a chance that i will need to be in the US though.. Hopefully they have figured out my electrical interference issue by then!! :doh: Was sooo close! I even flew over to collect the bloody thing!!

Or what about a GTiROC vs Modifiers for next year?

Rishi

P

pearl 476.5bhp

Rishi,you are gettin as bad as lou rob for the excuses now:oops: :oops: ...lol

Rishi

pearl 476.5bhp said:
Rishi,you are gettin as bad as lou rob for the excuses now:oops: :oops: ...lol

I have no excuses.. The car is in the hands of a company.. Cash is being thrown at it left right and centre.. The only hold up is with the company who have the car.. They are obviously very busy.. If it was upto me i would have had them finsh the car ages ago... That is not a discussion for here so back on topic... ;)

Rishi

Last edited:
P

pearl 476.5bhp

RishiGTiR said:
I have no excuses.. The car is in the hands of a company.. Cash is being thrown at it left right and centre.. The only hold up is with the company who have the car.. They are obviously very busy.. If it was upto me i would have had them finsh the car ages ago... That is not a discussion for here so back on topic... ;)

Rishi
at least it is with the best tuning company in THE uk...IMHO
i seen the car when i was there a few months ago,i dont think it will be 700bhp(do you)?but it will be quick

lloyd

Rishi

pearl 476.5bhp said:
i dont think it will be 700bhp(do you)?but it will be quick

lloyd
hahaa! Yes it will!! They were worried that the mani couldn't flow for 700bhp.. So i've asked them to get me a price as they have another 2 months to play while i'm over here in Dallas, TX... ;-)

Rishi

Last edited: