Tomorrow.....

wrc

Tomorrow... I'm off to Ed's :lol:

I can't remember a time when I was this damn nervous! Ive got 10 times the nerves than what I had at my own wedding lol. Spent the last 10 months getting her together, making sure everything is right - doing all the right mods and tricks etc to get the best out of the car.

Combined with the big injectors/tubby etc, I have a figure in my head as does everyone(!) and just want Ed to be happy getting the power out of it etc etc!

You just know the feeling when you want your labour of love to be a success?? I got that feeling lol

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest to make me feel better!

warpspeed

lol, i saw that all the time when i had my rolling road! some people were so nervous they couldn't even watch the first 10 minutes of running, they usually calmed down after that.

wrc

As long as it gets mapped safe & sound that's all I'm worried about lol

RAC can take me home if my gearbox blows up on the way back lmao

P

pulsarboby

haha im the same when any cars on the rollers, i cant even bare to look tbh, your always waiting/expecting something to go bang, luckily thats never happened but theres always a first:lol:

dont worry about what power she puts out....tell him you want good drivability through the rev range with as smooth a power delivery as possible even if it means sacrificing out and out power youll still have a quicker car overall than one thats just mapped for max power at wot

good luck with her

Born Again

dont worry about what power she puts out....tell him you want good drivability through the rev range with as smooth a power delivery as possible even if it means sacrificing out and out power youll still have a quicker car overall than one thats just mapped for max power at wot
So true.
Paper figures rarely tell the real story.

gtir_pimp

i dont tell ed anything other than "get on with it!" he gets the best of everything and is quick at doing it

wrc

385bhp at 1.5 bar. Had a weird run where the temp rose sharply so we left it at that. Although just driven home and she's perfect so suspect I will be back for a few more lbs and another run.

All good though, couldn't recommend it enough!!

wrc

Owen developments I bought off kirko, stock frame bolt on too so good power considering.

skiddusmarkus

Come on, get some graphs up.Reading Kirko's old threads it looks to be a gt2871 type and on his later maps had a really good power band.

wrc

Yeah I read his old graphs, he got to 428 on this turbo at just under 1.8 bar! Lmao

I shall get the graph up later when I'm back home chaps.

t16coupe

at the min i have a turbo technics stage1 t28 but if i ever upgrade i will use a stock frame turbo probley a gt2871 64ar