toe / camber settings etc.

D

DodgeT

when i had me scooby, i had it set to the so called prodrive specified settings.

are there any specific settings for the R cus i dont want to have the garage set it up as a std sunny,then find out that there are "more appropriate" :D settings.

geetee

This was stolen from another post...

Manual only states for 14" wheels, someone may have better figures from Power Station.

All figures unladen, coolant, oil and fuel full, Spare tire, tools,and mats in designated positions

Front:- Camber -40 to +50 minutes, Caster 30 minutes to 2 degrees, Toe in 0-22minutes (0-4mm)

Rear:- Camber -55minutes to +35 minutes, Toe in -6 to +18 minutes (-1 to 3mm)

As you say... there may be more appropriate setings - particularly if you have fitted some camber adjustment bolts.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Whiteline give setting for their kits for both fast road and track. Off hand can't remember what they are but could be irrelivant if you've not got their kit as a standard sunny is not that adjustable.... certainly not for camber unless you start changing parts.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Good article here on the development of the whiteline kit that talks about some of the settings you could already change...... probably just toe if you've not changed any parts. :?

http://www.ggon.net/media/magazines/hot4s/real_handling.htm

A remeber a story from a bloke who fitted the kit to his pulsar to "Eliminate understeer" Can't completely remeber the story but understeer was eliminated to the point that he went backwards into large stationary object, killing the car.... He walked away :)