Tire Pressures

J

JamesB

Just been doing some hillclimb work and have been messing round with pressures. Was running 34psi all round but varied it to 37 front 31 rear. This drastically reduced understeer but to get better traction all round I went to 33 front 28 rear. That gripped really well but felt slippery (I know thats a contradiction). My time was far less with the lower pressures despite the "squidging" around on the tires. Im using 10% worn Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/50 15's. What do you all run (I know its diff for all wheel/tire combos but your front/rear ratios would be helpful. Cheers

NISR227

I am surprised you have had no reply yet on this? I'm guessing most run their cars on 34-36 all round, well I do anyway.

I might try 34 front and 30/28 rear to see how it feels (15's) especially with all the whiteline gear I have, we'll see.

What's everyone else running for their most favoured setup, even if its on 17s ??

geetee

37 front 35 rear on 205/40 17's

Any less tends to have it tracking whitelines etc - any more it gets a bit twitchy particularly in the wet.

This is on original suspension.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)