Time Attack - Brands Hatch

Mad

Wen't to Brands Hatch yesterday for Time Attack.

Firstly, had never been to Brands before but was really impressed with the track, facilities, paddock and basically everything. I didn't spend much time out of the paddock but fantastic weather and fantastic day.

The day didn't go without having many different problems but ended the day with a time of 53.5 which put us 5th out of 9 in our class and would have put us in 2nd for Club Class.

The first problem was having a great deal of play in the rear wheels, so missed the first practice session completely.

The second problem was that the car was hesitating badly coming out of graham hill bend so we spent a lot of time after Practice eliminating any potential problems.

After a few changes, we managed to reduce the hesitation but not completely so didn't go as quick as potentially we could have done.

It was unbeleivablely hot on track yesterday and the tyres lasted about 1 hot lap before they went off. Everyone was n the same boat and was complaining about them, many teams havig 2 or more sets for the day.

Apart from the problems we had, we were all happy with the day's performance and are making progress in every event. We were running arounc 500bhp so are way down on others in our class which are pushing out around 600bhp + but with a problem free day and a bit more power, we will hopefully be able to move even further to the front.

There were some fantatsic cars there, especially in Pro Class where you have the 2 Car Planet's and Norris Design Evo running 800bhp + and Guglielmi's 700bhp, 800kg Exige winning overall.

Not sure when we are going to be racing next, but will post up with any up and coming events.

I have taken lots of video of the day, including a couple of lovely pit girls waving their boodie's on the car so will post up some links when done.

Hope you enjoy.

P

pulsarboby

thats a good time in a gtir and beats my best of 54secs and i know the circuit well.

the elise and evo are really flying at 48 secs though (best lap) and norris also done a 50 second lap!
hats off to them thats some quick times for a saloon car:thumbsup:

are you in there team danny?

Mad

No piccies stu but will post up some video soon.

Yes, the Evo's are pretty damm quick. They had the Sumo Racing GTR team there as well, doing a few practice laps. No lap times but was a pleasure to watch, as well as the Drift Teams and the Truck sliding round the corners.

Yes Bob, Im part of the team. Dave and Dave are more friends than anything else and we catch up as often as possible. Im not particularly mecanically minded so I do a lot of the organising / cooking / spokesperson things and let the others do all the important stuff.

red reading

Yes Bob, Im part of the team. Dave and Dave are more friends than anything else and we catch up as often as possible. Im not particularly mecanically minded so I do a lot of the organising / cooking / spokesperson things and let the others do all the important stuff.

So your job title dan is "Pit Bitch" :lol::lol::lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I didn't know Norris was playing in TA this year?

Good to see progress is being made, will have to eat my own pants if Perry snr get the top spot (in class) at Cadwell. (Joke I made with DP jnr)

Look forward to Cadwell Park in Aug 8)