This Flywheel Any Good?

Matt Evans

Hi all,

I've currently got a Fidanza (I think) 4.1kg F/W on my car, but from what I've read about lighter flywheels on turbo'd cars, I've decided to go for a slightly heavier one. The reason for this is so I can balance the pro's and con's of having a lighter F/W a bit more evenly. I've heard that Toda do 5.2kg ones, but I also found this one online. Has anyone got any info about the product or the company?

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1613

Thanks. :)

Matt Evans

Basically less rotational mass equals loss of low end torque, less load hinders turbo spool up, greater rev loss during gear change. At least thats what I've read.

I still want a light weight one, I just don't want an ultra lightweight one, like the one I've got. I want more of a comprimise rather than complete opposite end of the scale. Both heavy and lightweight flywheels have different advantages, so I want something that kinda meets in the middle, a bit more balanced. ;)

boost

ive spoken to a proffessional engine builder and thats bollocks.. it may apply to an engine with say 1 or 2 cylinders but as u have the 4 cylinders there is your momentum.. well im only saying what he did to me and he is a very well respected engine builder. not a bolt togeather place too.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I changed from a superclutch "super light" setup to a "light weight" Fidanza and RPS setup. The super clutches extra lightness was my preference.

Matt Evans

Thanks for the input guys, but like I said, I've noticed a difference myself. It was definitely revving easier with the Lightweight F/W, but it also seemed to miss something from when the standard F/W was on there, just felt less ferocious! lol All i'm trying to do is find a comprimise really. I am quite fussy like that tbh. :doh: :D