theft devices

matp5

campbellju said:
Removable steering wheel hubs are great. I got one from the states mainly to bring the wheel closer to me as I find the standard setup is too far away for my arms or too close for my legs. It also means you can whizz it off when working around the dash and when mapping on the laptop for extra space. In terms of safety, my momo hub was misaligned and stuck on. the solution was to whack the steering wheel with a piece of wood and a lump hammer. The removable hub had zero play before AND after but pull the release and it comes straight off.

I'd like to see a pic of your steering wheel, I have the same problem. The steering wheel feels to far, so by moving closer I feel I don't have enough leg room. Could I buy just the hub? I presently have an aftermarket steering on a momo hub.

thx

Garef

what colour is the solenoid wire. Don't wanna chance just cutting the third wire round and getting the wrong one, any help would be appreciated, cheers.

sadsy

I had a snap off steering wheel on my Saxo, so they set it on fire!!! probably did the world a favour, made a mess of ther drive.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
matp5 said:
I'd like to see a pic of your steering wheel, I have the same problem. The steering wheel feels to far, so by moving closer I feel I don't have enough leg room. Could I buy just the hub? I presently have an aftermarket steering on a momo hub.

thx
I bought it from these, I think now you can buy them cheaper from flea bay etc:

http://www.silverimageracing.com/pd_spw_quick.cfm

The SPW ones are excellent quality and they never moved a mm whilst whacking the steering wheel with a piece of wood and a lump hammer to remove my Momo boss. Yet one click on the boss and the wheel still gently slides off.

It adds about 60mm to my driving position and fits straight onto the mono hub amongst others.

Jim

CruiseGTi-R

In my case, if I don't have the face to the headunit in my car, no power goes to the amp, which means no power goes to my fuel pump.

(please don't ask how its wired in, its a bloody mess).