the screw in the ecu

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Isn't that for adjusting the base idle mixture when you're on the closed-loop?

Dangerous Dave

Well screw's can be used for a number of thing's like..

securing one piece of wood to another,

OR securing something like an ecu down so it does not move,

OR screw's can also be used to block the end's of vacuum pipe's.

The word screw or even screw's can be used in several way's such as...

Screw/screw's=Prison wardon(s)
Screw this am going home= ive had enough im going home now..

the list goes on and on and on and on hope this information helps

Or what pobody said 9 time's out of 10 he's right.

stifler1603

at the opposite end of the ecu to where the ecu connects to the wire harness the is a star point screw which is covered by a clear piece of plastic when u turn the screw it makes a light next to the screw turn either red or green . what does this screw actually do?

Braveheart

at the opposite end of the ecu to where the ecu connects to the wire harness the is a star point screw which is covered by a clear piece of plastic when u turn the screw it makes a light next to the screw turn either red or green . what does this screw actually do?
Having googled, I found this: "Why use a paperclip? There's a diagnostic switch on the ECU itself. Grab a flat head screwdriver, put the key into the ON position (don't start the car), then rotate the screw on the ECU fully clockwise, count two seconds, then fully counter clockwise. You will then see your MIL on the dash flash with cooresponding codes. if 5 long 5 short, no codes detected.

To exit mode II, simply turn the screw clockwise fully, then counterclockwise again."

Quote came from here: http://www.sr20-forum.com/general-sr20/20203-self-diagnosis-how-switch-modes.html

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Following bravehearts last post does this mean this is the tenth time for pobody :lol: :lol:
Yeah, now that I look at the manual again... It looks like it's saying there's a little LED near the screw, but you adjust the idle mixture at the AFM (and the idle speed at the manifold).

geoff pine

Funily enough george the first reply you gave has been quoted on here over the years going back 5 or 6 years :lol:

Braveheart

Yeah, now that I look at the manual again... It looks like it's saying there's a little LED near the screw, but you adjust the idle mixture at the AFM (and the idle speed at the manifold).
You're not expected to remember everything..... I remember very little! If it has already been written down and I can lay my hands on the information that's fine. I'm not out to steal anybodies thunder either. If I can't find GTiR stuff though, you will be the first to hear from me PobodY... ;-)