Tappets

LeeSmith

what sort of tappets are on the GTI-R???
Also could anyone tell me the gaps of the inlet and outlet tappets & which are which???

Thanks in advance

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They are solid tappets. The figures I have for the valve clearance is .30mm cold and .35mm hot on both inlet and exhaust valves.
Inlet tappets are the ones on the inlet (throttle body) side and the exhaust ones are the one on the turbo side. or if you do it with the head off, the inlet valves are the bigger valves.

LeeSmith

cheers for that, i'm going to have a bash at it (the car that is!!) over the weekend sometime....most probably Sunday so If anyone else can give me an advice or help then please do!

A

Anonymous

quote:Originally posted by Fast Guy
They are solid tappets. The figures I have for the valve clearance is .30mm cold and .35mm hot on both inlet and exhaust valves.
Inlet tappets are the ones on the inlet (throttle body) side and the exhaust ones are the one on the turbo side. or if you do it with the head off, the inlet valves are the bigger valves.

IN SAYING "Solid Tappets" does that mean they are NON-Adustable ???

J

jasegould

You adjust the valve clearance using shims that sit in the top of the tappet.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

A

AZ STE

Its a big job best left to the Tuners as you would have to have a box full of various shims at about £30 each :shock:

LeeSmith

I thought the shims were 16 pound each?? Does anyone know which ones to get, and if theres a guide to fitting them

Thanks in advance