Suspension

91_GTi-R

Hello Guys,
Im looking into getting a new suspension here soon i was wondering if you guys might have some ideas as to what kinda which has treated you best. I'm looking to get front and rear sway bars,shocks and springs, strut tower bars, strut mounts and anything anyone else knows of. the only reason i ask you guys to look is that i dont have anywhere here to get anything for my car.
Cheers
Alex

antgtir

Nearly 100% of the people who upgrade their suspension would probably go for coilovers mate adjustable of course.

This will allow you to adjust on track and suit pretty much all driving styles and surfaces etc.

Uprate your bushes and mounts etc and you will have a great handling R, however you may have to see the dentist more regular lol.

Alot of people have gone for the G Force coilovers but if you have the money then Teins are a great choice, plus i think now they have resolved the issue of repairs or replacment in the UK with UK bases.

Goodluck,

Ant.

youngsyp

I agree with everyone above. Go for Coilovers first, along with poly bushes all round and then see if you need the sway bars etc... for the handling characteristics you're after.

When you choose the coilovers, make sure you get the spring rates to suit the use the car has.
Mine gets used on the road only and I've gone for 5.3 kg/mm front and 4 kg/mm rear after some very good advice from Jim AKA Campbellju. These are barely firmer on the damper settings I'm using, than OE dampers and lowering springs.