susp set up

O

Odin

Right people I will be takeing my car down to be set up very soon and I would like some impute from the people that run there R's on the track and road :wink: ......

What have you found to be the best setting to use :?: ...

I have gab shocks and the car has been lowered 30mm all round, Also fitted is full set of poly bushes whiteline anti-dive kit and rear axle aline
kit and front and rear whiteline anti-roll bar's with a cusco 2 point lower front brace and front and rear top strut brace's, Also there's bumpsteer kit and nismo ball joint's...

Any help and info would be great thank's guy's :D .

rob

S

samellio

sounds like you have a very good setup :wink:

from what i've been told it all depends on what your using the car for..
If mainly trackdays as stiff as poss, lots of negative camber on the front, parallel front tracking ( -3 deg camber front and at least -1.5 back) put rear anti roll bar onto stiffest setting..
For road -1.5 deg front and -1.25to-1.5 deg back and a good bit softer..

On trackdays if you don't run - camber or have any bushes that are worn expect to really get through tyres.. (worth checking all bushes even if they're newish :wink: ).. Bushes are just so important..- that sounds filthy :lol:

Cheers,
Sam

O

Odin

Thanks Sam :wink: .

Has anybody got any info on toe set up for the rear?.

rob

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
I find the best setting is to have the toe positioned in a Nike air trainer :wink:
Oh well I had to expect that from you :lol: ,And I would of done the same so I cant moan :roll: .

rob

S

samellio

Can't quite remember what the settings were for the back... Where abouts are you taking it??

O

Odin

Well as far as I know Sam the only place is gt tyre's but there about 40 up the A96 :cry:, So if you have a better idear mate I'm open to suggestion's :wink: .

rob

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
MarkTurbo said:
I find the best setting is to have the toe positioned in a Nike air trainer :wink:
Oh well I had to expect that from you :lol: ,And I would of done the same so I cant moan :roll: .
:mrgreen:

My toe comment was about as helpful as you telling some to "unbolt it" :lol: when asked how to take the head off :lol: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

MarkTurbo said:
My toe comment was about as helpful as you telling some to "unbolt it" :lol: when asked how to take the head off :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it was the truth was it not :wink: :lol: .

And your's was of no use to man or beast :roll: :lol: .

rob

O

Odin

mattygti-r said:
oh near on snap on the suspension there rob :lol:

do you speak this strand language often mate. :?: becaus only you could pos know what you ment hear :roll: :? .

rob

MarkTurbo

vpulsar said:
mattygti-r said:
oh near on snap on the suspension there rob :lol:

do you speak this strand language often mate. :?: becaus only you could pos know what you ment hear :roll: :? .
I was just wondering the same thing :wink: You pissed up matty? :lol:

C

Crazy

Wheel Alignment Specs.

Suitable for use with Whiteline kit Camber Caster* Toe

*Only achievable with KCA303 kit Deg Deg mm/side

Front Road -1.5 +2.5 to +3.5 0.0

Race -1.75 to -3.5 Max 0.0

Rear Road -1.25 n/a 0.5 to 1 out

Race -1.25 to -1.5 n/a 1.5 out

By the way V, does have you got a Mongoose on your R

If so does the cusco lower 2 point brace vibrate on it at idle :?:

S

samellio

Rob- not sure where your based but if your near glasgow i could suggest Kenny Browns 0141 8826757.. I take mine there as he prepares lots of motorsport cars.. He's been really good at finding faults if you know what i mean :lol:
I'm sure this place you take it to will be fine if you tell them how you want your car setup :wink:
Cheers,
Sam

mattygti-r

dont touch the stuff mate 8)

sorry meant ive some of the same suspension set up,Nismo ball joints, cusco etc :wink: poly bushes, bumpsteer kit,

Nad

I was just gonna say go to a company that deals with setting up cars for motorsport use as they will be able to recommend something. Ideally in a straight line u want no camber so gives u better braking and no toe so less drag but in the corners u want toe to give a more responsive turn in and camber to allow the tyres to bite. By differing this front to rear will affect how the car tracks in a straight line and how it turns in.

The camber bit can usually be overcome by adjusting the castor so the tyre only leans in on turn in although too much can have an ill affect. Only problem is I am not sure about adjusting the castor on the R, havent looked that far into it yet, want to get it running first.

Nad

O

Odin

Crazy said:
By the way V, does have you got a Mongoose on your R

If so does the cusco lower 2 point brace vibrate on it at idle :?:

Hi grumpy, thanks for the info dude :wink: .

And no the brace doen't hit my goose at all matey 8) .

rob

O

Odin

All you need to do if it does is take it down your local exhaust bogder's and get them to heat it up and bend it out the way a little :wink: .

rob