sunroof woes

allsmiles

hi folks, today i was driving round with the sunroof open, so when it came to closing it the sunroof slid about half way closed but then it just stopped and has since refused to move at all when i press either buttons, is there a fuse that i can check or anything at all to get the damn thing to close?

thanx in advance :thumbsup:

Davey

Have you tried pulling it with your hand? They can get stuck if not used for a while, or full of crud. Might work if you give it a helping hand.

allsmiles

cheers fella, i did try pulling it the day it stopped working but it still wouldnt move, but i tried brute force and pressed the buttons at the same time and its solved the issue, cheers :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
cheers fella, i did try pulling it the day it stopped working but it still wouldnt move, but i tried brute force and pressed the buttons at the same time and its solved the issue, cheers :thumbsup:
mine has always done that, you need to give it a helping hand wilst pressing the button ;-)

vizi0n

Bump from the dead:

is is possible to lube the sunroof tracks? I was planning on taking the whole unit apart from the car this summer to lube as it wont move that easily

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I smeared some grease on my runners, but it didn't seem to make that much difference - where it seems to stick is the point it folds that deflector down.

Most of the time it closes with no help from me, but sometimes it needs me to give it a prod to get it going again.

vizi0n

In my case it tilts down and move maybe 1cm by itself, then i have to help it. When I want to close it its the same thing the other way around, I have to push it while holding the switch, then when it gets to the end of the track it tilts up by itself

v4der

haha
hey hows it goin
glad to know that its not just mine lol
have to give it a helping hand all the time, sometimes it has good days tho lol
:thumbsup: