Sunroof seal

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Anyone know how to repair the seal on the sunroof?

What about a replacement seal instead because I think someone's already had a go at repairing mine:

Just lately that corner has started to lift - I'm not getting any water in, but I can hear the wind noise.

I tried pushing it back down, but it doesn't seem to want to stay; like it's not gripping the edge like it's meant to. :doh:

So, any ideas/suggestions/parts?

grim_d

That looks in a bad way! half the trim is missing too. (why do they go that funny flakey way?)

Maybe worth going to Nissan for a new seal/trim if available, probably less hassle than messing around with used bits unless someone has one in really good nick.

While you are at it, if your sunroof is anything like mine, would be worth attending to the rust on the frame of the sunroof.

pulsar_stu

George you have to replace the whole unit.
One of my last gtirs was the sunroof model and this happend.
I bought a complete secondhand unit for £40 and swapped them over.

Its easy to do, just take a couple of hours to do.

Remove the head lining. And then its about 8 bolts.

Its a good time to check the water drains aswell, as they tend to bluck up from cilt over the years.
They drain into the rear quarters so its best to check in the bottom of the quarters as the cilt builds up in there over the years too. Mine were full of mud and was rotting from the inside out :(

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah, I think I've already got that problem with the drain willing my quarters with mud, but around the sunroof its self is actually quite good. - I'm surprised you can't just get a new seal to go around it; it hasn't split or anything, it's just not staying down any more.

Is it worth taking a look in FAST to see what Mr Nissan says?

pulsar_stu

Its worth a look I supose mate.

I tried to remove the seal on the old unit I took off mine and it just broke.

No harm in looking tho!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Getting warmer...

...but they don't list that rubber strip as an available part.

Is it possible it's the same as on a Sentra: 91246-50Y10 - That's apparently the sunroof weatherstrip, which I take to be the rubber piece that seals the roof.

pulsar_stu

number 6 on that drawing looks interchangeable.
it was the seal on number 2 on the drawing that mine was knackerd on.