Sticky accelerator pedal

A

Andybtsn

Hey,

Since I've bought my car I've noticed the accelerator pedal is quite "sticky". If i get in the car after leaving it overnight, I have to push down on the acclerator alot sturner that a usual car to "free" it, it seems, when I'm driving it's fine, but once I'm in town etc, and stopping and starting, it will get sticky sometimes, resulting in me jerking forward!

But it is always like that after leaving the car for along time.

Any ideas where the problem could lie?

Andy

J

jpward

Could be inside corrosion quick fix could be some spray WD40 up the cable from the throttle housing side or take a look its not the pedal pivot (abit of upside down looking required) ;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
It could be corrosion inside the cable sheath as already mensioned but it could be that the inner part of the cable has started to fray and it's catching inside the cable.

Don't be cheap buy a new one ( part number 18201-54C00 ) ;-)

Steve

pulsar_stu

It could be both of those, but it also could be that the rail that sits on the manifold neads cleaning and some copper slip putting onto it, where the cable atatches to the rail, there are a few springs!!! Spray some wd40 on along there for a quick fix andy, if that works, you will find you will nead to do this oftern!!! So it would be best to strip it down the next time you have time!!