standard exhaust manifold stud- erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Da55l3

ok so im at a bit of a loss

so im trying to remove my turbo and basically there is one stud that i cant get to and have no idea how its possible so any ideas. (standard manifold)

its the bottom right one, in the centre,
so far i have not removed any radiators or intercooler pipes, my issue is i cant get a socket on it and at present cant get a spanner on it, am i being a pleb or is there a nack that someone knows or a tool that is recommended that would help.

cheers people

Gtirchris

Stubby spanner or buy a halfords one and bend it/ shape it to fit around the manifold casting, it is a shit to get at, but it can be done mate.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I think I bought a banana spanner just for the job. It is a pain but much easier the second time as its not welded in place

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I can't remember which spanner I used, but it was a standard one out of my tool kit, so either an old draper or Halfords bendy ratchet combination spanner. The hardest bit was cracking the nut off.

warpspeed

Just remember to refit it when you put the manifold back on, I've seen advice elsewhere that it's perfectly ok to leave it off to aid with manifold removal in the future.....:tongueclosed:

Cosmic73

Use a standard spanner but then a screw driver between the manifold to lever it down,
Or 2 spanners connected,

Da55l3

ratchet spanner mole grips strong right arm some blood and finally done the,
was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun