split in soft inlet pipe

PulsarLee

Thanks Lawney ill see how my diary is and let you know fella.

Can anyone tell me what the typical symptoms would be with a crack / split of about an inch in the sort inlet pipe near where the rocker cover breather joins the pipe??

Thanks,

Lee

Braveheart

I am not sure exactly which pipe is split but if it's on the induction side (air filter to turbo inlet ) If after air filter but before MAF, you will see little to know change... you might even see an improvement if you are using a restricted filter. If it's after the MAF to turbo inlet then your ECU may not get the correct info your air / fuel mix may not be correct and the engine could run lean. If the split pipe is going IC or anywhere in the boost plumbing, the engine will run a bit lumpy or even fine under no load but as soon as you tried to drive it will run badly, underpowered, flat and lumpy.

PulsarLee

Thanks Braveheart,

The crack / split is after the MAF (where the rocker breather joins the 4" diameter induction pipe about 7" before it joins the turbo. Since i noticed this there appears to be a flat spot on gentle low revs. Like you say, I think it could be pulling some additional air in running lean:cry: as its not under any real pressure, im going to try some silicone sealant or tape.

cheers

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

Braveheart

I am not sure exactly which pipe is split but if it's on the induction side (air filter to turbo inlet ) If after air filter but before MAF, you will see little to know change... you might even see an improvement if you are using a restricted filter. If it's after the MAF to turbo inlet then your ECU may not get the correct info your air / fuel mix may not be correct and the engine could run lean. If the split pipe is going IC or anywhere in the boost plumbing, the engine will run a bit lumpy or even fine under no load but as soon as you tried to drive it will run badly, underpowered, flat and lumpy.
Why don't you just fix / replace the fcuked pipe.... if you have no money to fix these minor faults park it up until you do or keep coasting down hills... :shock::doh: