SPEEDO

A

Anonymous

Hi, just bought a pulsar,speedo works intermitantly any idea what the problem is? If so, what part do I require, and where can I get it from?

Many thanks

Dale

monsterGTi-R

Its a common thing mate :evil: I dont think anyone really knows why or how to fix them :? Your best bet is to look in the For Sale section :wink:

warringtonjack

I had this problem as well. Got annoying in the end, so just ended up installing a RevSpeed Meter instead!! Now, as well as knowing how fast i'm going (albeit in kph) i can regularly try and beat my 0-60 and quarter mile times!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

KrissJ

Ooooo, its SOOO annoying isn't it!

Take the clocks out and check the PCB (Printed Circuit Board on the back). If there's a dodgy connection there then it can stop things working. That's what happened with mine (found it out after checking connections, relays, everything. Very frustrating :roll: ).

My answer was to solder the connection as a temporary measure whilst I bought some new clocks so I new it would be properly sorted.

If that is the problem then you can probably get a new PCB, but I'd say it'd be cheaper just to buy the clocks and everything from someone on here.

K

KrissJ

Forgot to add.

If it looks dodgy (or I suppose even if it doesn't, just for piece of mind), use a multimeter to check the current/resistance flowing through the circuit at the right points for the speedo. It should stay fairly constant and be at the same level as other parts of the circuit. If its not then find which wires are playing up and you should be able to trace it back to the problem.